• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FOR SALE: Intel SZ956 v1.1 Intel OverDrive DX40DP75

CommanderCochrane

Experienced Member
I have for sale this neat little Intel OverDrive chip. This was pulled from a non working (obvious motherboard/power supply issues) AST Advantage 486/25 some years ago. I don't really do stuff older than Socket 7 so I would like to pass it along to the next owner. Condition is excellent saving where some of the writing on the top is missing, presumably due to a fan having been mounted at some point way back in history. I don't have a good compatible system to test it with so it is however AS IS, hence the low price relative to recent sold listings for this CPU.

CPU World entry: https://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SZ/SZ956.html - From what I can tell this is a very early Intel OverDrive that actually slightly predates Socket 1, using a slightly different 169 pin package than what Socket 1 later used (apparently to prevent improper installation)

$25 shipped CONUS or trade for AGP or PCI GPUs (can always use more PCI GeForce2 MX boards....), I mostly collect GPUs now. Will be shipped well protected in one of my 3D printed CPU holders.

20220123_194728.jpg

What pci cards are you looking for exactly, think i have a few gf2 cards... I know I have a bunch of s3 virge/trio cards as well... And i primarily collect 486-pent pro, so have a bunch of stuff! :)

Notice you have 3 pentium 90s as well, willing to trade one of those off too? I dont have any socket 5 cpus yet, but at least a few dozen socket 7. And would love to see your cpu holders, as I could use some. Maybe I should just buy a cheap 3d printer LOL .

Last edited:
What pci cards are you looking for exactly, think i have a few gf2 cards... I know I have a bunch of s3 virge/trio cards as well... And i primarily collect 486-pent pro, so have a bunch of stuff! :)

Notice you have 3 pentium 90s as well, willing to trade one of those off too? I dont have any socket 5 cpus yet, but at least a few dozen socket 7. And would love to see your cpu holders, as I could use some. Maybe I should just buy a cheap 3d printer LOL .

I actually have 5 Pentium 90s, I just don't have the two that are installed listed because I haven't pulled them to get the SKU number off the bottom. My spreadsheet represents around half my total hardware in most categories, except GPUs maybe being closer to 75 percent complete.

Which one did you have your eyes on? I probably want to hang onto the one that is FDIV bug free, since IIRC that's my only one. The other two I would def trade for an interesting GF2 (esp PCI versions, I love borderline useless shit) or a Virge AGP.

As far as they 3D printer, there is actually a sale on the EasyThreed that LTT did a video on, its a veryyy basic printer but if your wanting to make functional stuffs like CPU trays it would serve you well I would think: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/easythreed-x1-mini-fdm-portable-3d-printer-orange-us-plug.html?queryID=409c13576e1299eebc33e56abdd16428&objectID=86067&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics For $50 + shipping (which apparently ranges from $10 to $25ish depending on your exact local)

Here's LTTs video on it:

There are a number of tray designs out there for the common sockets and you can usually scale those up or down to fit other sockets, like a Socket 7 holder at 103 percent size is a perfect fit for a Socket 423 P4

Let me dig out my pci / agp cards and processor box, im sure we can fig out a trade =). Ill grab whats in the office tonight for ya.

More I think about another post, I wanted to make a shadowbox for the wall of almost all my cpus. Never thought about 3d printing as the frame. Actually a very interesting idea i can update if they interlock like breadboards.

So for video cards I have to trade I have next to me...
( I can check machines I own if you are looking for something specific... )

3 s3 video cards (pci)
1 cirrus logic cards (pci)
6600gt (AGP)

Processors (only have 1 each, sadly no doubles, would perfer to buy the p90 for cash. As you can see im missing it and the earlier pentiums, as well as a ton of k6 /k6-2 and IDT Winchip if i can ever find one thats not a ripoff lol). Not picking on the stepping, as they are more for a collection, havent gotten that far yet. I am sure I have more cpus, just have to see whats in working machines, if you are looking for something specific... My 486 collection is larger, dont have the overdrives yet. Goal is to have them displayed in my retro area on the wall.

p100
p120
p133 (missing pins)
p166
p166mmx
p200mmx
p233 mmx
Mobile p233 mmx (winbook)

K6 233
k6-2 300afr
k6-2 350afr (separated from heat spreader, but still have it)

6x86 pr 200 (gold top, brand new)
6x86 pr 233 (gold top)
6x86 pr 300 (ibm branded, black top)
MII 300 (gold top)
MII 333 (gold top, worn printing)

Rise Idragon mp65

And multiple (at least 10) socket 5/7 motherboards

Last edited:
So for video cards I have to trade I have next to me...
( I can check machines I own if you are looking for something specific... )

3 s3 video cards (pci)
1 cirrus logic cards (pci)
6600gt (AGP)

Processors (only have 1 each, sadly no doubles, would perfer to buy the p90 for cash. As you can see im missing it and the earlier pentiums, as well as a ton of k6 /k6-2 and IDT Winchip if i can ever find one thats not a ripoff lol). Not picking on the stepping, as they are more for a collection, havent gotten that far yet. I am sure I have more cpus, just have to see whats in working machines, if you are looking for something specific... My 486 collection is larger, dont have the overdrives yet. Goal is to have them displayed in my retro area on the wall.

p100
p120
p133 (missing pins)
p166
p166mmx
p200mmx
p233 mmx
Mobile p233 mmx (winbook)

K6 233
k6-2 300afr
k6-2 350afr (separated from heat spreader, but still have it)

6x86 pr 200 (gold top, brand new)
6x86 pr 233 (gold top)
6x86 pr 300 (ibm branded, black top)
MII 300 (gold top)
MII 333 (gold top, worn printing)

Rise Idragon mp65

And multiple (at least 10) socket 5/7 motherboards
If you want to trade that 6600 AGP for the Pentium 90 I'm game. I'll also send a bunch of my 3D printed CPU holders, I have quite a few spares printed out ATM.

EDIT: Wait is the Cirrus Logic card a Laguna3D by any chance?

Last edited:
No sadly there are Nitro64v's but I believe I have a laguna3d thats agp... I have to dig for it. Think I have some other gforce cards as well. I'll try to get to my storage tomorrow.

Last edited:
So dug out a few more cards, should be hitting storage next week since it wont be 2 feet of snow and freezing, should be 40s out.

Dug out an AGP voodoo 3 and a pci geforce mx440. Interested in either?

Back