• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For the price of postage, 386/486 motherboard with 486SX 33 both unknown condition

Osgeld

Experienced Member
Hello everyone, new to the forum, like what I see, thanks for having me

What I have is a 386/486 motherboard and a CPU that I have no idea if it works or not, and its been sitting on my desk in a ESD bag for over 2 years now.

At work we have one really old radial placement machine (for inserting though hole electronic components), One day something happened and it would not boot, maintenance bought this motherboard from who knows where on the internet, slapped some random 386 CPU and ram in it, plugged it in and got nothing.

Of course they got nothing, they didn't set any jumpers on the thing! Anyway they got a mobo with a CPU, which fixed their issue and dropped this one on my desk where it hasn't moved since, and said I could do whatever I wanted with it (cause I like "old computer junk"). Meanwhile its collected a Intel 486SX/33 from a co-worker that found one in his "stash of parts"

I don't have the parts to fire up an old ISA AT machine, nor do I really need one (quite happy with my Pentium for most dos stuff) so both the motherboard and CPU are in a untested unknown state

I did manage to find the jumper settings online for a nearly identical board (the one in the link below is a REV A, this one is a REV D) and it should support from 20 to 66mhz CPU's up to 486DX2, and has 256k of cache

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/M/MECER-CORPORATION-486-B800-B820-REV-A.html

If anyone is interested in it all I ask is the cost of postage (US only please)

post-35237-0-97465800-1453426860.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, I'd totally take you up on that offer but I'm spent for the month.

I bet someone else will snap that board up if it's just the cost for shipping.

dunno its been on atariage for like a month same deal ... course that's a different crowd heh

Just toss it on fleabay for $396.01 with the other overpriced untested 486 boards, someone will buy it :sarcasm:

Back