• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

FOUND! Commodore 2500 Video Toaster(s)

1. Location.
2. Location!

3. What all is installed in the systems? Accelerator? Extra Memory, Hard drive controllers?, etc.

Later,
dabone

Very fun systems. I only have one 2500 (not that I'd really need more) that I bought as parts but don't recall it having any toaster stuff or that rear left array of bnc type connectors. I guess that's part of the toaster system? You could post them here at the auction site or just entertain offers. All depends where you're located though. Shipping things gets pricey quick :) Thanks for the pictures and posting.

Looks like New Hampshire.

I'd be interested in the top machine simply for the ethernet card. OP, please post photos of motherboard around the barrel battery. They are notorious for leaking and damaging motherboards. Looks like both machines have a TBC, although the top one might have a DPS Personal Animation Recorder card in it.

Man you guys are picky.... :) He seems to be offering them up for adoption rather than trying to turn them around for a buck. He shows photos of them working, and there's obviously some desirable parts inside. If they work now, then ostensibly, they'll work once the batteries are clipped and any acid is neutralized and cleaned. Stop with the questions and photo requests and PM him with offers to adopt already! Heck... worse case is you end up with a dead MB that needs a little work, or some nice parts for your existing big-box Amiga.

but uh... That said... OP, if I/we have misunderstood and you're selling these units, please do be aware that removing the cover and taking a few detailed photos of the middle area on the rear side of the unit will be necessary as Amigas had a soldered on-board battery that is prone to leakage, and that the battery acid it leaks can and will eventually kill the computer's motherboard.

Well I was mostly waiting for the OP to reply with location and yeah price ideas. Obviously they wouldn't be hard to find a new home. Just depends on the fine print.

Well I was mostly waiting for the OP to reply with location and yeah price ideas. Obviously they wouldn't be hard to find a new home. Just depends on the fine print.

I'm wondering if he'll part anything. I'm just looking for an ethernet card.

OP hasn't been back so dunno. Surprising nobody picks that up as a project though, perhaps that'd be useful for our homebrew folks here? (Zorro NIC)

OP hasn't been back so dunno. Surprising nobody picks that up as a project though, perhaps that'd be useful for our homebrew folks here? (Zorro NIC)

I got my own beat-up, junker Amiga 2500 Video Toaster system from eBay, and it was quite an ordeal to get it all fully functional:

You can find the rest of that Amiga restoration series on my channel... I'm up to Part 5 now, in which it's pretty much all complete and working now.

Sorry, MikeS - didn't even notice the "buy me" on the screen :)

I'm still working on restoring an A2000 as well. Initial testing pointed to the 68000 chip, so I swapped in a known good one from another board. No go. Pulled the multimeter out and found a few pins on the socket I wasn't happy with, so after attempting to repair the socket, I gave up and soldered in a new one (machine to avoid the problems with dual wipes). Multimeter showed that the new socket was good, but the system still wouldn't boot. Started swapping in known good chips from a working board one at a time...no go. The last one I've got left is the Agnus chip... I've not yet went there yet. And then there's the pesky deal of the PS putting out ~7v on the 5v rail on the PS....... Though I get the same readings on my other supplies in my good/working units. It's been shelved for awhile as I was getting quite aggravated with it...

Hey Guys--

This is Mark @ the DLStudios that started the thread-- and then went missing for a few days... sorry

https://picasaweb.google.com/DLStudios.UNH/AmigaSale?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Yes-- These toasters do live in the Seacoast area of New Hampshire
Yes-- They need a new home
No-- there will be no shipping or parting out
Yes-- I'll post more pics of the box insides
Yes-- I'll post more info about the OS and Ram
Yes-- Last I checked at least one was working perfectly ( I was able to write 'buy me' in the software)
Yes-- we used the Toaster to do all our lower thirds in live streaming events(!)

These boxes were headed to the big CPU recycling center in the sky and I just couldn't let them go. You can contact me at dlstudios.unh at a gmail account directly or post here and I'll try and check in more often.

Thanks for the interest -
Mark

Back