• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Franklin Ace 1000 Apple II Plus clone computer

Ozzuneoj

Experienced Member
This listing is for a Franklin Ace 1000 computer in as-is condition, partially tested, with some repairs, but not fully functional. This is an Apple II Plus clone. I received this system recently and did some work on it to help out whoever the next owner is. As a preventative measure, I opened the power supply and I replaced the two Rifa X capacitors that normally fail (explode!), so you don't have to do it. They have been replaced with high quality modern equivalents (as shown in the pictures). I also blew out the interior and did a light cleaning of the exterior casing and keyboard. Overall the exterior is in decent physical condition, but it could use a more thorough cleaning and there is some corrosion on the Franklin case badge on the front (see picture) and some of the screws.

The computer does power on and makes it to the prompt without any errors, but as with any of these Franklin systems, the keyboard will need new foam and foil pads (you can find a kit to replace them on Texelec... not expensive, just takes time). The capacitive circuit board for the keyboard has some corrosion on it, but I tested it on it's own (not using the keyboard) and all of the key presses registered (see picture... the syntax errors are from typing gibberish), so it would probably work fine once the foam and foil pads are replaced. I just don't have time to do it right now. This was a quick test however, so I cannot guarantee that the keyboard will be perfect after the pads are replaced.

Inside the computer are two cards. One is a Franklin disk drive interface card, the other is an "Apple Dumpling by Microtek Inc.", which I believe is a printer interface card. There are no other cards in the system. The only other external connection on the computer is the composite video output.

This is a very old machine and hasn't been cared for until recently. I cannot guarantee any functionality. It may have other problems I don't know about. I don't have a compatible disk drive to test it beyond the prompt. Just to be clear: The keyboard needs new foam and foil pads and will NOT work until they are replaced, and the system may not work properly without other repairs.

I will pack the machine in a solid box to ensure safe delivery. I will power the machine on again before packing it up, just to be sure it still turns on, but it is being sold as-is.

Asking $120 plus shipping. Item is located in PA, USA.

Here is a gallery of pictures of this machine:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bb8gTKKDzCF1uPCMA

Last edited:
Oh hi... Since you have had it up on ebay for many months without selling. Let me know if you accept my offer

It was listed for exactly 30 days on ebay, so I took it down. No your offer was much lower than I wanted to go, which is part of why I turned it down multiple times. No need to thread crap me here. A PM would have been more than sufficient.

Thanks for the bump though! :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm subscribed to this thread but I didn't get a notification for your post for some reason hwrdmltn. I've sent you a PM.

Just wanted to bump this. I've sent PMs but I'm not hearing back.

The computer is still available.

Back