• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free books, Atari stuff, other misc

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
I've been sitting on some stuff for awhile and I'm not going to do a thing with it. I've got, say, 4 medium tote boxes worth of books I want to give away as well as other miscellania such as 2 Atari 1050 drives, and under my bed is an external Amiga 3.5 drive that I tried to sell at one point in time. I've also got some newer stuff I might let you have if you want it.

I've been working on dwindling down what I've got for some time now. You see, the problem is, I came across this stuff in lots, free, whatever, but they aren't of my interest. I kept them around thinking someday I might use them, but I highly doubt it. That doesn't go to say in 10 years I won't want to play with some Atari PC stuff, but I'm not holding on to this stuff for that long. I'm also trying to get things more downsized for a planned move next summer in to my own place. Although I would have room for it all then, I long for a less cluttered life.

The afforementioned free stuff is available to be picked up in Lewisville, TX. I might be inclined to drive a carload or two halfway somewhere if I was offered some sort of token ok appreciation (uh, gas money, duh). I would rather not have to unstack all these boxes and take pictures of the books within. They are 70s-90s computer books on IBM, Apple, and things like data, using a computer for business, and other etc general information and technical information books. I fished out the stuff I wanted for my collection when I put these things in boxes, but there is still ALOT of goodies left in there.

--Ryan

I was waiting for a few of the other local folks to reply to ya. I know there are a few in the Dallas area. I'm sorta tempted but I'm a bit full at the house right now and while I'm interested a drive to Dallas and more stuff right now probably isn't in my best interest. I'm still thinkerin about it though.

There is definite interest here in El Paso, but I have zero fund for it right now, else I'd drive all the way there. Not make you do any work at all. Ah well.

Nathan

Well I tell ya the PM's are flooding in.

Hexsane as the first to PM me will get the 1050 drives. I've also got a claim on the Amiga drive. I do not have any IBM manuals or anything like that in the books. Just general info stuff, biography's on IBM and Apple, stuff on Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and technical computer books.

I may have a few pictures from when I got the books, but there will be a good amount of books that arent in there, due to my cherry picking as well as the other people who went in with me to get the whole lot(which looking back, might not have been worth it. I mean, I got some cool stuff like a Heathkit H19, neat-o books, Macintosh equiptment....rare Macintosh equiptment....and other this and thats. Actually, for how much I put in, it was worth it. The shipping and labor just sucked.).

Of course this lot was take all or none, so I got some unwanted stuff kicking around now. There is a limited use for books. I'm using totes as night stands, totes as foot stools, totes as tables to hold my radio, etc.

Anyhow, I may be a tad slow getting this stuff out. You see, my car needs some new work. The front shocks are bad on it, so the tiniest bump will send the front end plowing into the ground. So there I am driving home at 10:30 at night. Listening to music, having a generally good time. I slow down for this dip in the road, and as I'm blinking I hit this bump. Next thing I know, the damn airbag blows up in my face! I had no clue what happened. I open my eyes and I can't see anything! Powder, the airbag, etc are in the way. So now I have to clean that up, take out the airbag, and install a new one. Does anyone know if I will need to replace the sensors as well?

--Ryan

Well I'm going through books right now(Off to CCA!) but I found one someone here might be interested. Actually, 2, but there will be more. If anyone here wants a book on CompuWare(the 25th anniversary books, lots of high-quality color photos) they can have it for free. There is also a book for gamers, written by John Sellers, called Arcade Fever. It "The Fan's Guide to the Golden Age of Video Games" written in 2001 looking back on the 70s and 80s stuff. Fr-ee.

-Ryan

Back