• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE: CBM stuff

Chuck(G)

25k Member
I've got a 1541 disk drive and an MPS801 dot-matrix printer.

Both work.

If you want them, you pay shipping or pick them up (Eugene, OR).

If not claimed by Wednesday, they go to the recyclers to be made into toasters and dishwashers.

Cbm

Cbm

Hi Chuck;
What is a 1541 drive, Is it a floppy of some sort or a hard drive , or a bigggg hard disk drive ??? I am not familiar with CBM...
THANK YOU Marty

Hi Chuck;
What is a 1541 drive, Is it a floppy of some sort or a hard drive , or a bigggg hard disk drive ??? I am not familiar with CBM...
THANK YOU Marty

Hi Marty, it's the basic single-sided disk drive that came with the Commodore 64 and other similar CBM systems.

(Someone's claimed it already!)

The interesting thing about the 1541 drive is it has a seperate 6502 on board (the same processor as the computer that it connects to). Pretty neat and smart idea for the time. I heard (never done it myself) there's a trick to actually send it data almost turning it into a multiprocessor system.

It would be a shame to see these go to waste if they are working. Pity I'm not a bit closer, I suspect postage to England would be a wallet-emptier :(

BG

I would have snagged them but I have plenty of 1541 drives and that model printer (I think I have 4 different C64 printers which is 3 too many).

If you haven't recycled the drive I would take it off your hands. My zip is 99016 and I can pay via paypal

Take care,
Lance

Back