• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free Commodore stuff

FostersFreeStuff

Here's the deal. I just cleaned out the parents basement and my dad was done with all of his Commodore stuff. I've got a VIC20, a C-64 and two 128s that are looking for a home.

I don't have the time or inclination to ebay all of this stuff. I have no idea if it works, but my dad took good care of his computers (he had the 128 up and running as late as 95 before finally buying a Wintel machine). My fond memories of our first computers compel me to get them into the hands of a Commodore devote. And for the serious collectors, I've got the original packaging and manuals. http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ster_for_sale/

I'm in Mass. I can meet you somewhere and hand it all over or I can ship it to you if you pay the shipping costs. So, here's what I have:

Commodore VIC-20 with tape drive
Commodore 64 with 1541 disk drive
2 Commodore 128s with 2 1571 disk drives
VIC-1011A RS232 Terminal
Micrografix Parallel Graphics Interface for C-64 and VIC20
Commodore 1660 modem
Cinemaware Warp Speed cartridge
5.25 disk drive cleaning kit

Games
The Last Ninja
The Last Ninja 2
Gunship
The Duel, Test Drive II
Airborne Ranger
Ogre

Game cartridges
Avenger
Gorf
Clowns
Raid of Fort Knox
Gridrunner
Jupiter Lander
Alien
Astroblitz
Omega Race
Super Expander with 3K Ram Cartridge (3k!)

Games without pretty boxes
A bunch of Compute Gazette disks
Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego
Pac man
Blue Max
Super Huey
David’s Midnight Magic
Spy Hunter
Frogger
Dozens of other 64 games on floppy
Bill Budge Pinball Construction Set
Choplifter
Q-Bert
Donkey Kong
Galaxian
Centipede
Defender
Pole Position
Dig Dug
Ultima II
A bunch of games and programs on tape for the VIC 20

Books
1541 Maintenance Manual
Inside Commodore DOS
Personal Computing on the VIC 20
Commodore 64 Users Guide
Mapping the Commodore 64
Commodore 64 Programmer’s Reference Guide
Mapping the Commodore 128
Commodore 128 Tips and Tricks
Commodore 128 Troubleshooting and Repair
Commodore 128 Internals
Commodore 1571 Disk Drive User’s Guide
CP/M Plus User’s Guide/Programmer’s Guide/System Guide
The Programmers’s CP/M handbook
Edit/Delete Message

Wow! That is a great deal of Commodore stuff!

Hmmmm... If nobody from the forums is local to you and willing to pick this stuff up, could you put me on the list of people to explore shipping?

I figure shipping all of this stuff would be as much of a hassle to you as it would be expensive to me (I'm in WA state), but perhaps picking up a few items, or trickle-shipping the collection could work?

ADDITION: The photobucket link appears to have been crippled... :(

IM sent with what I would like if you are willing to do multiple shipments / split up the collection. Thanks for this. These will make fine additions to someone's collection I'm sure.

Could be he posted this to other forums, freecycle, newsgroups, craigslist etc and somebody is in the process of snagging it.

I wish posters would post when the items are claimed/gone.

Nice stuff.

Sorry guys, things are busy here. I'll check the PMs tomorrow. The stuff is still here, I wouldn't leave you hanging.

Foster

Okay, I've read everything. Basically, more interest than equipment and some questions that need following up.

I'm going to weigh everything and figure out shipping costs.

There were also a few requests for very specific books or games. I'm willing to "part" those out so that more people can share in the bounty. There were enough requests for 128s that I think those should be split up since there are two. Otherwise, it's going to be first come first served. I hope this seems fair to everyone.

I'm going to edit my original post to define who's getting what and get the shipping estimates over the next couple of days.

Foster

Last edited:
Back