• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE: Old CRT Monitors that need some work, in Northwest PA\Western NY, USA.

Ozzuneoj

Experienced Member
I have several old PC monitors that need some work, and I'm simply out of space for them. I have a mid-90s era Packard Bell (with speakers that attach to the sides), a couple of Compaqs from the 90s and a generic one from the 90s. The PB visually looks great while running but it emits a buzzing sound from the back that creates some audible interference through the built in speakers when they're attached. When I opened the back I noticed that the heat shield is pretty rusty, so I think it was probably out in the weather at some point in the past. I honestly used it for a while over the past year (on the matching PB system it came with, which would also be available for a price) and had no other issues, but after I opened it and saw the rust I decided it'd be safer to decommission it until someone with the necessary skills could refurb it.

The other three monitors have had their VGA cords lopped off for some reason. I was told by the previous owner that they were all working and that he felt bad about doing this to them years later... I think he needed the cabling for something at the time. I've investigated one of the Compaqs a bit (I also have the matching PC to that) and I could probably fix it but I doubt I would realistically have the time to get it done.

Anyone who is willing to drive here can have the monitors. I just don't want them to be scrapped or junked. I love CRTs, which is why I took them, I just don't have the time or skills to fix these any time soon.

I also have a couple extra working CRTs that I'd sell for a good price if someone was willing to pick them up with the others.

PM for the exact town if you're interested.

Absolutely no shipping unless you can arrange for someone to show up at my door and pick them up for no charge to me. :)

Here are some pictures of a couple of the monitors:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Eu5XpEii7kNxx6RcA

The speakers for the PB will come with it, they just weren't reattached after I opened the casing.

Back