• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free stuff - Will not ship

channelmaniac

Veteran Member
Hey folks,

Been a long time since I've been on the forum... I came across a slew of old documentation, manuals, data sheets, and books. I've dug through it all for the items I wanted and did not want to recycle the rest.

There are booklets in there on old Motorola boards - looks like S100, but don't hold me to it, Compaq software, and lots more. It's in a TWO boxes that held a case of copy paper and ONE MORE box that was for a case of 8 1/2 x 11 fanfold printer paper.

I also have some duplicates of chip data books that need to find a new home.

Sorry, but I will not ship this stuff. it's too much of a pain. I'm in the north part of the Dallas Metroplex - in Highland Village. It's next door to Lewisville, TX.

Thanks,

RJ

Last edited:
Make that three boxes of books, manuals, and data sheets. I edited the original post to update it.

I'll probably find more to add to it. Any locals in the Dallas area want to swing by and pick it all up?

Hi

The boards are probably for the Motorola EXORbus. Maybe one of the 6800, 6809, or 68K variants.

Would you please post pictures of the boards?

Also please do not throw those away or send to recycling until someone gets a chance to claim them.

They are certainly worth preserving. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Do you have a UPS store around your area? Just drop them off and let them do the shipping. I'm sure someone here would pay you to make it worth your time

No boards... boxes full of books, manuals, datasheets, etc...

There's stuff from the C64/128 and back.

For example, the following manuals:
M68MM10A/10B/10C Power Monitor and/or Real-Time Clock/RAM Module
MEX68USM Universal Support Module
MEX68PP3 PROM Programmer III User Guide (photocopied)
MEX68PP3 PROM Programmer III User Guide (original)
Addendum to the MEX68PP3 PROM Programmer III Module User's Guide
MC6809-MC6809E Microprocessor Programming Manual
Microprocessor Course: 6809
Motorola Systems News, Spring 1983

And 2 5 1/4" floppy disks: 82SET35SYS J* EXORSET XDOS/CRT Editor/RASMS - Disk 1 of 2 and Disk 2 of 2

That's just the first 3 inches of the small box.

Yes, there's a UPS Store nearby, but as much as there is and as heavy as it will be, it won't be cheap to ship and for free I don't want to spend hours sorting and dealing with splitting things up.

Is there nobody around the large Dallas area that wants to rescue this stuff?

Oh wow... :D

Looking through another box of scrap boards I got from the same guy, I found the following:

MEX6800-1 MPU Module
MEX68DB Debug Module
2 x MEX6816-1 16K RAM Module
MEX68PI-2 (Series 2)
Some kind of Serial Port board with some space for prototyping

The boards look to have been stored in a barn - severe UV damage to a couple of the boards and they look like they've been stored in dirt. Would take some work to clean them up but they are parts complete except for a couple of empty 14 pin sockets on the MEX68PI-2 board and 1 24pin socket on the debug board.

These wont be free though.

Hmm.. you don't ever visit Austin do ya? ;-) Good to see ya around btw, was wondering where you'd been. Alternatively if you're interesting in holding out a bit longer you could hit a hamfest/expo (Belton HamEXPO is coming up and relatively cheap (minus gas), and VCF South should hopefully happen again this Fall although I haven't heard anything definitive yet.)

Last edited:
Back