• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Free Tyan S1837 working

framer

Veteran Member
To moderator: Please forgive me posting this here but I figure someone reading about this class machine might like it. If it must be moved I'll understand.
Come and get it FREE

Tyan S1837 Thunderbolt with optional connector for ARO-1130U2 Raid option card, included. Has 4 SCSI 9gb drives using RAID5 if my memory is correct and OS is on the drives,Win2000. I have most if not all software needed to configure and run this system.

The MB has 2-850/100/100 Intel P3 processors and 1GB memory. You will need a full tower case and ATX 2.01 compliant power supply, IDE or SCSI cd-rom drive. This could make a nice retro gaming machine, I've installed and used windows XP and Win98 on this system. I also have used a PCI card that let me use a modern SATA drive with it, not included.

It been a year since I took this out of the case and packed it away. It should fire right up but no promises. I just want to give it a good home as I'm moving in a few months and need to clean stuff out.

I have pdf's of all the manuals needed and can put every thing on a flash drive.

I've had a blast playing with this computer for 10 plus years. It too good to throw out and a pain to sell. I'd rather find someone that might enjoy it has I have.

PM me for/with contact info if you are interested.

framer

I am located in Rhode Island USA, which is not an Island.

FREE COMPUTER

I'm going to be moving in a couple of months and I really don't want to throw this in the dumpster. FREE FREE

Might have other things to give away when you are here.

This was a real server MB in it's day.

Just curious--440BX chipset, not 440GX (common in servers)?

Just checked the specs--440GX in that thing, so max memory should be 2GB, no?

This has a 443GX chipset with a RAIDport III expansion (slot/port) and it comes with the very rare ARO-1130U2 card w/software. It has 1GB ECC memory installed but this can be increased to 2gb.

Back