• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters for EX, HX, SX, TX etc

dJOS

Veteran Member
G'day all, I have the following brand new New Tandy 1000 Adapters available for sale on a build to order basis:

Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter
Allows you to install smaller ISA cards into your EX/HX ram expansion board

They are $19 USD each + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees).

--> User Guide <--

IYrNTjZl.jpg

Tandy 1000 EX/HX External Floppy Drive replacement cable and adapter set

a set is $19 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees):

rHMvo7wl.jpg

Tandy 1000 EX & HX Printer Port Adapter

$21 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees) each.

--> User Guide <--

UuukCsql.jpg

Tandy 1000 SX, TX, SL & TL Printer Port Adapter

$29 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees) each.

These are not compatible with the original 1000, A, and HD models.

fNgfPB4l.jpg

Tandy 1000 Internal Gotek Adapter - coming soon

This is for Tandy 1000's that send power over the floppy cable like the HX & TX

KKkefQIl.png

I1GT1RJl.jpg

Tandy 1000 External Gotek Adapter - coming soon

This adapter requires my external Floppy Cable replacement kit - it works a lot like the internal model for the HX/TX, but the wiring is quite different and it uses a 30 pin connector.

X7SbHiLl.png

I1GT1RJl.jpg

Tandy 1000 PLUS-ISA Riser Card - coming soon

This is for Tandy 1000 EX & HX's which dont have a RAM expansion - allows you to add 2 ISA cards to a compact Tandy without the Ram expansion.

$35 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees) each.

NK6ldxil.png

NOTE: I can combine up to 2 items for the $5 USD shipping, after that it's an extra $5 per extra 1-2 items.

I've made a few Videos that show a couple of my adapters in Action:

https://www.youtube.com/user/djos1475/videos?shelf_id=0&view_as=subscriber&sort=dd&view=0

Last edited:
G'day all, I have the following brand new New Tandy 1000 Adapters available for sale on a build to order basis:

Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter
Allows you to install smaller ISA cards into your EX/HX ram expansion board

They are $19 USD each + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees).

--> User Guide <--

Tandy 1000 Internal Gotek Adapter - coming soon

This is for Tandy 1000's that send power over the floppy cable like the HX & TX

Tandy 1000 External Gotek Adapter - coming soon

This adapter requires my external Floppy Cable replacement kit - it works a lot like the internal model for the HX/TX, but the wiring is quite different and it uses a 30 pin connector.

This is for Tandy 1000 EX & HX's which dont have a RAM expansion - allows you to add 2 ISA cards to a compact Tandy without the Ram expansion.

Howdy All, I managed to run out of stock of the PCB's for the PLUS-ISA/R Adapter's already, so today I've placed an order for those along with the Gotek Adapter PCB's and the PLUS-ISA Riser Card - they should arrive within ~2 weeks.

Any thoughts on making Tandy power-in-cable adaptors for regular floppy drives? basically just punch out the power lines and solder in a traditional power connector? I see Tandy floppies going for crazy prices, especially the models with the lip that the HX uses. I made my own and all, but it ain't pretty and I wont be posting pictures so people can laugh at my soldering skills. I'd love to swap mine for something more professional looking.

...eagerly awaiting news of of those HX riser boards

Any thoughts on making Tandy power-in-cable adaptors for regular floppy drives? basically just punch out the power lines and solder in a traditional power connector? I see Tandy floppies going for crazy prices, especially the models with the lip that the HX uses. I made my own and all, but it ain't pretty and I wont be posting pictures so people can laugh at my soldering skills. I'd love to swap mine for something more professional looking.

I have already but it's a bit ugly - I might make a better design at some point.

nEeZtM1l.jpg

...eagerly awaiting news of of those HX riser boards

The PCB's should have arrived today ... so I'll build one and test it to ensure it does work before I make them available. :cool:

NK6ldxil.png

Btw folks, the PCB's for these arrived today and I managed to build and test one after work.... It works great! I'll post pics and a video tomorrow sometime.

Here's a Pic of the PLUS-ISA Riser Card (Now available):

p533i5al.jpg

and here's some of the new compact Tandy 1000 External Gotek Adapter (Now available - I'm still waiting on parts for the Internal version) which works with my External Floppy cable kit:

8UiaIuOl.jpg

2IZOlsxl.jpg

Btw, the header on the Gotek adapter will be shrouded - this is just my prototype.

These are both available now for order. :cool:

Attachments

• p533i5al.jpg
    p533i5al.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1
Awesome! I was wondering what was happening with the stock. I’ll be placing an order as soon as this goes live.

Awesome! I was wondering what was happening with the stock. I’ll be placing an order as soon as this goes live.

Btw, I finished the design for the adapter you requested - the PCB's arived yesterday so I'll build some on the weekend and put them on the store.

Tandy 1000 Int FDD Adapter.jpg

it should work well with drives that have a rear layout like this:

FloppyBack.jpg

Cool. I was about to drop an order in, but I'll give it a couple of days.

Off the subject, have you ever made a riser for more than 3 cards? I was wondering if a ribbon cable could be run into the second HX drive bay to hold a Lo Tech CF while still having 2 expansion cards and a memory board.... just a thought tho. I get a little carried away with upgrades.

Back