• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

Fantastic!

I must admit I was a little apprehensive about shipping the items to Spain as a "Large international letter" as I hadn't heard of anyone else trying this. I'm super glad it worked out tho because it makes a huge difference to postage costs and probably avoids you getting stung with local taxes!

Yep, it worked great, arrived fast and no taxes (I must admit that little low value packages/letters usually don't pay taxes).

But...that sucks!, my XT-IDE rev3 doesn't fits the internal bay! :rockedov:

So, I'm afraid that I'll need to get in contact with lo-tech to purchase a brand-new XT-CF-Lite!

Ouch, there's not a single item available in lo-tech online store :-(
So, what now, hacksaw the plastic?

Last edited:
Oh bugger :(

I did suspect full height cards would be an issue which is why I went with the lo-tech ISA compact flash board. It doesn't support DMA but I've found the BIU offload option is plenty fast enough.

GFEiKRo.jpg

Well I'm a happy bunny, got PCB v2 of the Printer Adapter yesterday and now that I have the wiring around the right way (not mirrored) it works! :-+

So I have 2x Printer adapters left out of the current batch as I've had a few pre-orders for it already.

Tandy 1000 Printer Port Adapter

Is $21 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees)

AFAIK, these are not compatible with the original 1000, A, and HD models.

Hi dJOS,

Great work with these. I recently picked up a vanilla Tandy 1000HX. I am guessing from the description this ISA adaptor will not work without the hard to find RAM expansion board? Are there any workarounds?

Hi dJOS,

Great work with these. I recently picked up a vanilla Tandy 1000HX. I am guessing from the description this ISA adaptor will not work without the hard to find RAM expansion board? Are there any workarounds?

I have a board in the works that has 2 ISA slots on it for non ram expansion equipped Tandy's - I was hoping to include 512 kb on it but I haven't had time to finish the design yet.

Hi dJOS. What all upgrades are you selling now? I haven't been on in a couple months and it appears you are doing a lot more than just the external drive cables now. Any chance I can buy some of the new creations?

Hi dJOS. What all upgrades are you selling now? I haven't been on in a couple months and it appears you are doing a lot more than just the external drive cables now. Any chance I can buy some of the new creations?

Hi mate, items #1 & #3 from the first post are still available and I've got a couple of other designs in the pipeline that I'll post about and make available if they work. :D

Hi all, I promised the community that once I'd made the 50 (yep 50!) Tandy 1000 EX / HX PLUS-ISA/R v1.1 adapters I needed to use up the parts I had to bulk buy, (to keep costs down), I'd release the Gerber files with no strings attached.

So here they are ... I'm making no demands on how you use them, they are now 100% Public Domain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mu8zdts7im36rc/Tandy 1000 ISA-PLUS:R v1.1.zip?dl=0

gqTJDZll.png

1mTfJdRl.png

Yesterday I built an OPL2LPT and today I tested it on my Tandy 1000 EX with my Parallel port adapter .... and it works great! really great! I even patched Space Quest ]I[ and got full Adlib sound instead of the Tandy Ti chip music! Im pretty darn happy with that! :D

y1MvwH6l.jpg
1u6nK9Ol.jpg

Are you still selling those parallel adapters?

Yep, I need to order some more parts tho but that only takes a couple of weeks.

They are $21 USD + $5 USD shipping.

PM me and I'll take your details, once i have more parts in I'll let you know.

Hi All, I've had a few requests in the past week for the PLUS-ISA/R adapters for EX & HX machines - I stopped building them when I ran out of parts (50 of them!) and while I was hoping someone else might take my Gerber files and run with them, I might make another batch if there is enough interest.

Anyhoo, I'f you'd like me to start making them again, please let me know and I'll explore options for doing another run.

IYrNTjZl.jpg

Good news folks, I've just completed a deal to get my Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter* manufactured and so I should have a large batch of them availble in 3-4 weeks. bad news is the price has gone up but it's still quite affordable imo @ ~$19 USD each.

Once I have them and have ensured the quality is up to scratch, I'll put up a link in this topic to eBay which will just make my life easier (I've ordered 50 of them) and likely yours too.

I've also got small numbers of the Tandy 1000 Printer Port Adapter and the Tandy 1000 EX/HX External Floppy Drive replacement cable and adapter set becoming available and the next week.

*Allows you to install smaller ISA cards into your EX/HX ram expansion board

Hello,
is there any chance, for shipping your Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter to Germany? I need two of them. If yes, how much would it cost?

Hello,
is there any chance, for shipping your Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter to Germany? I need two of them. If yes, how much would it cost?

Howdy, shipping to Germany is no problem - I'm just waiting for my batch of units to arrive from China, shipping is just $5 USD for up to 2 units however I haven't finalised the price on this batch yet but they'll likely be under or around $19 USD (i've had my PCB supplier build this batch so I have time for other projects).

Back