• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

UPDATE: I got pics of a test build of my PLUS-ISA adapter today from my Electronics Assembly house - the sample build is on-par with my own handy work, (and Im a bit of a perfectionist), so I'm very happy. As a result I gave them the go ahead to build the batch - I should have them in about 2 weeks! :cool:

For those interested in the Printer Adapter for their EX / HX (they may not fit some big box 1000's due to the plastic casing), V2 definitely does work (I cant update the first post) and I'll have 10 available within about 1 week (about 4 are pre-sold).

Anyway, here's some videos for those interested:

Printer port Audio Cards (Covox & OPL2LPT):

One of these Adlib clones would fit:

5wksqo.jpg

I planned to buy a few adapters from djos, including the parallel port adapter to use an opl2lpt.

Hi All, I've been getting quite a few queries on my PLUS-ISA adapter availability - I'm still waiting for my shipment from china, it's apparently leaving on the 23rd in 2 days! Unfortunately Chinese new year holidays added 2 weeks delay. :(

Good news, the PLUS-ISA adapters shipped from China today ... so not long now folks!

Btw, assuming it works, this is coming soon...... :cool:

DEPTEba.png

More like regular floppy adapter, not just Gotek ;)

btw I received your parallel adapter yesterday!

More like regular floppy adapter, not just Gotek ;)

btw I received your parallel adapter yesterday!

Well yes and no - it's designed to pair with the existing external Adapter and cable and allow you to run a Gotek Virtual floppy.

Normal mechanical floppies (even 5.25" drives) will ONLY WORK if they support the ability to be configured as DS1 as per the Shugart standard. Most PC floppy drives are hard wired to DS0 as IBM mangled to Shugart standard and used a twist in the cable to allow A: and B: drives.

On Tandy most 1000's, Drive A: is DS0 and Drive B: is DS1 - using the original Shugart standard is one reason why most 1000's can swap the drives around at boot.

There's some good info here: http://pinouts.ru/HD/InternalDisk_pinout.shtml

PS, awesome, glad to hear it arrived safe.

Huzzah! The PLUS-ISA/r Adapters arrived today! :D

SOeUUecl.jpg

If you'd like 1 or 2 (most folk buy 2, 1 for each Ram expansion socket), please PM me your order with email address and I'll send you an itemised PayPal invoice, they are $19 USD each + $5 USD for shipping.

I'll likely put some on eBay too but they'll be cheaper via VCF as I dont have to pay eBay for using their platform.

Back