• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

Hi All, I have 3x Printer Adapter v2's left in stock (not suitable for the TX/TL), they are $21 USD each + $5 USD for shipping.

Ilgfs8kh.jpg

G'day all, quick update - I have 2x Printer Adapters left for the EX /HX (as above).

and my big-box Tandy Printer adapter is ready, tested and working! it's designed for the SX/TX/TL Machines which all used the same case design and have a heavily recessed Edge connector.

X8SdWpzl.jpg

d3vJpKPl.jpg

The only issue with it is I designed it before I got a case for my OPL2LPT, and while it fits, it places too much strain on the two connectors for my liking - I think it could be solved by grinding down the section of case causing the issue.

bEspv4Kl.jpg

Other than that, it does work perfectly. :cool:

I have only 2 left (after pre-orders) from this batch and they are $30 USD plus $5 Shipping.

PS, for those wondering, I placed all the connectors on the front of the PCB as I thought some folks may wish to mount it on the back of their cases with thick double sided tape.

PSS, this adapter is not compatible with the 1000/A/HD - they use different pinouts and requires different wiring.

Btw, if anyone wants a Printer Adapter v3.0 (SX/TX/TL) and the header position is an issue for them, I can easily swap it out with a right angle header socket which will solve the problem for OPL2LPT owners with the chunky 3D printed case.

R8323604-01.jpg

Btw, if anyone wants a Printer Adapter v3.0 (SX/TX/TL) and the header position is an issue for them, I can easily swap it out with a right angle header socket which will solve the problem for OPL2LPT owners with the chunky 3D printed case.

R8323604-01.jpg

Hi All, I'm going to make this header the default - it seems folks are keen to use the SerdaShop 3D printed case with their OPL2LPT. I'll post an updated pic in a few days when I've got the Right-Angle headers in. :cool:

Huzzah! The PLUS-ISA/r Adapters arrived today! :D

SOeUUecl.jpg

If you'd like 1 or 2 (most folk buy 2, 1 for each Ram expansion socket), please PM me your order with email address and I'll send you an itemised PayPal invoice, they are $19 USD each + $5 USD for shipping.

I'll likely put some on eBay too but they'll be cheaper via VCF as I dont have to pay eBay for using their platform.

Hi all recently been asked fr more info on what cards will fit into the EX / HX bay - so here it is:

All "half height, half length cards" will fit into the Tandy EX / HX expansion bay - A half height ISA board is ~2.4" Tall or 60.96 mm and half length is 7" or 185 mm long - any board meeting this criteria will fit into the expansion bay. The height can be up to 3" the in the EX / HX bay depending on which PLUS socket you are using.

UPDATE: the Printer Adapter v3.0 (SX/SL/TX/TL) has had an update to accommodate CVX4 & OPL2LPT Sound modules with cases on:

I have only 2 left (after pre-orders) from this batch and they are $30 USD plus $5 Shipping.

fNgfPB4l.jpg
6h11Xmfl.jpg

I still have 1x Printer Adapter v2's left in stock (EX/HX), they are $21 USD each + $5 USD for shipping.

I also still have a decent amount of PLUS-ISA/R Adapters in stock too.

Cheers Derek

I only have following left:

1x Printer Adapter v2.0 (EX/HX)
1x Printer Adapter v3.0 (SX/SL/TX/TL)
18x Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapters

Cheers.

I only have following left:

1x Printer Adapter v2.0 (EX/HX)
1x Printer Adapter v3.0 (SX/SL/TX/TL)

Cheers.

Update:

14x Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapters

I'm not going to be doing these again for a fair while as I have other projects I want to spend time on. eg External Gotek adapter for EX/HX, Internal Gotek adapter (for machines with FDD power in the ribbon cable) and a DMA-Ram expansion/Riser Card for EX/HX machines.

Update:

14x Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapters

I'm not going to be doing these again for a fair while as I have other projects I want to spend time on. eg External Gotek adapter for EX/HX, Internal Gotek adapter (for machines with FDD power in the ribbon cable) and a DMA-Ram expansion/Riser Card for EX/HX machines.

and then there were:

10x Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapters

left.

Ok, so the external Gotek Floppy Adapter for EX / HX machines is ON HOLD! (apologies I found an issue I need to fix - I'm hoping it's simple)

You need my Floppy Cable kit to use it (it converts the Edge connector to IDC header) :

y7hYKRol.jpg

TMeOL71l.jpg

if you prefer I can replace the power cable with a pin header eg:

tNXxMF2l.jpg

I've included mounting holes in the PCB design - I figure someone with a 3D printer might make a Tandy style case for them.

NOTE: this will work with normal 3.5" & 5.25" Floppy drives as long as they can be configured to operate as DS1.

Last edited:
Very nice using your adapters the tandy HX can finally become a full fledge computer.
You will make also an internal one ? for the second drive.

Very nice using your adapters the tandy HX can finally become a full fledge computer.
You will make also an internal one ? for the second drive.

Awesome, I'm glad your HX is much more fun now - they are great little machines!

If I can find what I've screwed up on my Gotek adapter I'll redesign it to piggyback onto the rear of the drive which will make it suitable for internal use too. Atm I'm a bit stumped as to why it's misbehaving - for some reason I can't understand, it's behaving oddly despite it being a stupidly simple design. I think I'll need to build one on proto-board to isolate the issue. :confused:

Last edited:
Ok, so the External Gotek Floppy Adapter for EX / HX machines is now available (fix was stupidly simple thankfully) - they are $29 USD + $5 USD shipping.

You need my Floppy Cable kit to use it (it converts the Edge connector to IDC header) and a standard floppy cable (straight, no twist) :

y7hYKRol.jpg

TMeOL71l.jpg

w5xVi6Jl.jpg

if you prefer I can replace the power cable with a pin header eg:

tNXxMF2l.jpg

I've included mounting holes in the PCB design - I figure someone with a 3D printer might make a Tandy style case for them.

NOTE: this will work with normal 3.5" & 5.25" Floppy drives as long as they can be configured to operate as DS1.

Btw, for those wondering what the Gotek design fix was, I got one of the connectors mirrored in the design and the fix is simply to install it upside down.... Took me two bloody days to work out what I'd done wrong *facepalm*.

Ps i didn't need the caps so I've deleted them. If I get around to building an internal design, I'll add them back but in parallel just as filters even tho they aren't really needed.

Just some more info on the above, it Turned out I built some Floppy cable kits differently to others, this just means if you have a floppy cable kit already, I just need to know the orientation of the IDC cable.

If you'd like one, let me know which orientation I made your addaters - notch at the top or notch at the bottom:

l2xFj0el.jpg

If you dont already have one it doesn't matter, I'll ensure the orientation is correct when I build them.

PS, I have one kit available after pre-orders @ $29 + $5 Shipping and if you need the external floppy cable kit, that is an extra $19 & $5 shipping for the lot (The floppy cable kit means you can also use Tandy OEM external drives with your EX/HX - see 1st post in this topic).

Btw, I only have 5x Tandy 1000 EX / HX PLUS-ISA/R adapters left so be quick if you want one ($19 USD + $5 Shipping). I also have 1x SX/SL/TX/TL printer adapter left in stock @ $30 USD plus shipping.

I only have 5x Tandy 1000 EX / HX PLUS-ISA/R adapters left so be quick if you want one ($19 USD + $5 Shipping). I also have 1x SX/SL/TX/TL printer adapter left in stock @ $30 USD plus shipping.

And they are gone, thanks to everyone who bought one, it's great to know there are so many EX/HX machines getting some love now and not wasting away in cupboards anymore. I'm just amazed that I've sold 100 of these adapters! :eek:

Aside from the Tandy 1000 EX / HX PLUS-ISA/R adapters, I have the parts in stock to make a few each of most of my accessories on a per order basis, this includes:

• Tandy 1000 EX / HX External Floppy Cable replacement
  • Tandy 1000 EX / HX External Gotek Adapter
  • Tandy 1000 EX / HX Printer Port Adapter
  • Tandy 1000 SX / SL / TX / TL Printer Port Adapter

and coming very soon, an internal Gotek Adapter for HX / TX Machines (and any other 1000's that use power over the floppy cable):

zP54PYzm.jpg
rDJmKvam.jpg

oh and I might even get around to finishing my Tandy 1000 EX SmartWatch+ Board shortly! :mrgreen:

4s9VkHSm.jpg

Last edited:
Back