• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

dJOS

Veteran Member
G'day all, I have the following brand new New Tandy 1000 Adapters available for sale:

Tandy 1000 EX/HX PLUS-ISA/R Adapter
Allows you to install smaller ISA cards into your EX/HX ram expansion board

a set of 2 is $25 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees)
or if you only need 1, they are $12.50 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees)

If you are proficient at soldering I can send you the parts - price is the same as im doing this mainly for fun and I'm barely covering my costs.

IYrNTjZl.jpg

more info and pics over HERE.

Tandy 1000 EX/HX External Floppy Drive replacement cable and adapter set

a set is $19 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees) - I only have 1 left fully made but can make more if there is interest.

rHMvo7wl.jpg

Tandy 1000 Printer Port Adapter - ON HOLD

Is $21 USD + $5 USD shipping (inc paypal fees) - ON HOLD as I stuffed the PCB design.

These are not compatible with the original 1000, A, and HD models.

UuukCsql.jpg

Last edited:
Great!, as I've a RAM expansion, is this finally the right adapter?

Sure is, now ISA cards can be installed at the same height as PLUS cards would be meaning you can fit two in with the lid closed. The only caveat is the top card can't have any rear facing ports on it - I have a Lo-tech IDE controller in my top slot and a dual Serial card in the bottom slot. PLUS cards have their ports on the opposite side of the PCB to ISA Cards, which causes this limitation.

PM me with your email address and how many you would like (eg a set of 2 adapters) and I'll send you a paypal invoice to pay.

fgJcfUll.jpg

63oa0Ujl.jpg

I was lucky enough to purchase one of dJOS's floppy adapter kits and was highly impressed with the quality and attention to detail. He even provided a instruction sheet to make sure there were no questions getting everything hooked up! Really looking forward to receiving the PLUS adapter set next.

If you have a HX/EX or ever plan to you'll regret not picking up a set of his adapters while you can.

I was lucky enough to purchase one of dJOS's floppy adapter kits and was highly impressed with the quality and attention to detail. He even provided a instruction sheet to make sure there were no questions getting everything hooked up! Really looking forward to receiving the PLUS adapter set next.

If you have a HX/EX or ever plan to you'll regret not picking up a set of his adapters while you can.

Thanks mate, it feels really good helping folks get their 1000 EX/HX machines back into service - it'd be a real shame if these brilliant little machines couldn't be brought back to life in ppls retro collections. :cool:

I've already purchased a floppy adapter from him, it must be crossing the sea right now. The ISA adapter comes next... :)

He's doing a great work for these Tandy machines!

I've already purchased a floppy adapter from him, it must be crossing the sea right now. The ISA adapter comes next... :)

He's doing a great work for these Tandy machines!

Your Floppy Cable/Adapter shipped about 4 days after Mr Lightman's so you shouldnt have to wait much longer. :cool:

A stack of PLUS-ISA/R adapters will be being produced tonight - lucky for me the wife has gone out and kids are in bed. :D

Wow, it's been a busy week of building adapters for folks - the following folks have paid for their units and had their orders shipped:

dlightman - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter x2 and external floppy cable
jrok1000 - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter x2 + Floppy Cable Adapter.
Gribnitz - Floppy Cable Adapter
jltursan - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter’s x2, Floppy Cable Adapter
mojorific - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter x1
djutc - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter x4

I need to build and ship the following:

waltermixxx - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter’s x2

I cant wait to see all your pics of your EX / HX's with various ISA cards installed. :cool:

Cheers Derek

The following folks have paid for their units and had their orders shipped:

waltermixxx - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter’s x2
HoJoPo - PLUS-ISA/R Adapter’s x2

:cool:

Just had a look through my records to see when the first handful of orders where shipped - based on previous shipments, I reckon those who had their orders shipped between August 21st to 25th should start receiving their purchases this week (~3 weeks seems normal for Aus to US atm).

UPDATE:

Tandy 1000 Printer Port Adapter - I got the new design PCB's yesterday! Fingers crossed I got the design right this time! :D

I'll build a unit to test tomorrow (saturday). :cool:

Btw, I've also designed a SmartWatch Board specifically for the 1000 EX which uses CR1632 Lithium cells.

The PCB's have now been ordered and I'm hoping that I got the mechanical design right - I have all the parts to build a small batch now, just need to wait 2-3 weeks for the PCB's.

I've also received all the items so soon, my vacation starts today, I'll give some oomph to my Tandy! :-D

Fantastic!

I must admit I was a little apprehensive about shipping the items to Spain as a "Large international letter" as I hadn't heard of anyone else trying this. I'm super glad it worked out tho because it makes a huge difference to postage costs and probably avoids you getting stung with local taxes!

Back