• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Custom built 486DX-33 PC

DamienC

Experienced Member
I built this PC about 4 years ago. Trying to make some space.

Specs:

• Generic beige AT case (very clean)
  • 300w AT PSU (manufacture date 4/2010)
  • 486 motherboard with ISA, PCI & VLB slots & built-in I/O (I forget the make/model. Has American Megatrends BIOS & new CMOS battery)
  • 16mb 72-pin FPM RAM
  • Intel 486DX-33 CPU
  • Western Digital 854mb IDE HD
  • Diamond Stealth 64 2mb PCI Video Card
  • Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 CT1740 ISA Sound Card
  • Allied Telesyn AT2000 ISA PNP 10mbps Ethernet Card
  • Goldstar/Matsushita CR-563-B 2x CD-ROM Drive
  • Teac 1.2mb 5.25" Floppy Drive
  • Teac 1.44mb 3.5" Floppy Drive
  • Generic beige AT keyboard w/ Windows Key
  • Generic 3-button serial mouse
  • Windows 95 installed (no OS install discs included, can wipe HD before sale upon request)

Willing to sell in person to anyone within 100 miles of zip code 08098, otherwise I'll be shipping. It's fairly heavy so shipping will be pricey no matter what carrier or speed you choose.

Asking for $200 OBO, or trades for other 90s vintage PC hardware/software. Price, trade items, and shipping are ALL negotiable so feel free to haggle. I'm more interested in trading than I am in selling.

PICS: (imgur album) http://imgur.com/a/kr9BF

Looking for the following stuff:

• A working 8088 motherboard with 640k RAM, preferably with Award BIOS
  • Any CPU upgrades that work with a C-step Intel 386SX-20 (such as a Cyrix Cx486SRX2 or an Evergreen Rev to 486)
  • Any old floppy PC games (in particular, looking for TMNT, Mega Man, Metal Gear (the original, NOT Metal Gear Solid), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Action Game)
  • Old books on C/C++ programming with a focus on MS-DOS
  • Steam games/gifts
  • Empty guitar amp cabinet that will fit a single 12" Celestion Greenback speaker
  • A nice, clean desoldering station

Last edited:
Will also even-swap this PC for a working 8088/XT Clone PC with 640k RAM.

If I could get a Samsung S330 that would be ideal but I won't hold my breath. :p

I'm not sure, I can check again when I get home. I remember it being a well-known brand. It's definitely very clean and stable.

I'm not positive because I'm still at work, but I'm 95% sure that it's an Amptron 9500. All the slots and jumper locations seem to match what I can remember off the top of my head. I'll double-check that tonight.

I'm not positive because I'm still at work, but I'm 95% sure that it's an Amptron 9500. All the slots and jumper locations seem to match what I can remember off the top of my head. I'll double-check that tonight.

:shock: 256mb of RAM and 1 MB l2 cache. I think that's the highest I've even seen for a 486 class board, even a PCI one.

Yeah, back in this board's heyday that much ram would have been expensive/rare as hell, too.

Hate to get rid of this system because it's so cool, but I've got three other old systems (an ATX Pentium 100, a Zeos 386SX, and an old XT clone I'm trying to fix) and I really need the space.

I built this PC about 4 years ago. Trying to make some space.

Specs:

• Generic beige AT case (very clean)
  • 300w AT PSU (manufacture date 4/2010)
  • 486 motherboard with ISA, PCI & VLB slots & built-in I/O (I forget the make/model. Has American Megatrends BIOS & new CMOS battery)
  • 16mb 72-pin FPM RAM
  • Intel 486DX-33 CPU
  • Western Digital 854mb IDE HD
  • Diamond Stealth 64 2mb PCI Video Card
  • Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 CT1740 ISA Sound Card
  • Allied Telesyn AT2000 ISA PNP 10mbps Ethernet Card
  • Goldstar/Matsushita CR-563-B 2x CD-ROM Drive
  • Teac 1.2mb 5.25" Floppy Drive
  • Teac 1.44mb 3.5" Floppy Drive
  • Generic beige AT keyboard w/ Windows Key
  • Generic 3-button serial mouse
  • Windows 95 installed (no OS install discs included, can wipe HD before sale upon request)

Willing to sell in person to anyone within 100 miles of zip code 08098, otherwise I'll be shipping. It's fairly heavy so shipping will be pricey no matter what carrier or speed you choose.

Asking for $200 OBO, or trades for other 90s vintage PC hardware/software. Price, trade items, and shipping are ALL negotiable so feel free to haggle. I'm more interested in trading than I am in selling.

PICS: (imgur album) http://imgur.com/a/kr9BF

Looking for the following stuff:

• A working 8088 motherboard with 640k RAM, preferably with Award BIOS
  • Any CPU upgrades that work with a C-step Intel 386SX-20 (such as a Cyrix Cx486SRX2 or an Evergreen Rev to 486)
  • Any old floppy PC games (in particular, looking for TMNT, Mega Man, Metal Gear (the original, NOT Metal Gear Solid), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Action Game)
  • Old books on C/C++ programming with a focus on MS-DOS
  • Steam games/gifts
  • Empty guitar amp cabinet that will fit a single 12" Celestion Greenback speaker
  • A nice, clean desoldering station
Is this item still available?

Back