• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Documation M1000 Card Readers

NeXT

Veteran Member
Four are pictured but three are for sale.

IMG_7907.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7915.jpg

Unit 1: Powers on and passes selftest. Successfully feeds a stack of cards in manual mode. Power cable included. - $150

Unit 2: Powers on and passes selftest. Successfully feeds a stack of cards in manual mode. Power cable included. Minor cosmetic damage to the STOP button. - $150

Unit 3: Powers on and immediately tries to feed out of the hopper. STOP button and rear controls do not change the symptoms but no indications the selftest fails is occurring. Stuck relay? No power cord. - $100

Operators and service manuals for these readers are available free on request in PDF (or you can also find them at the Internet Archive). Additional pictures available on request.
These readers are identical to DEC's CR11 card readers. A PC USB solution exists If you plan read cards back to a modern machine.
While the rubber picker rollers did not meltdown in testing they are still at least 30 years old. Be warned they will probably require replacement.

Payments:
I accept Paypal or cash if in person.

SHIPPING:
These units are MASSIVE and VERY HEAVY. They weigh close to 100 pounds each and are 19" x 24" x 15" in size. I can put it on a small skip and pad/box it for frieght shipping or something but it's gonna be expensive no matter what service you choose. Local pickup is FREE and alternately for west coast patrons, pay $50 and I'll meet you in the Vancouver area and save you a trip through the mountains.

Last edited:
Yeah, I fixed that. Try it again.

I recently bought one off eBay and have been very happy with the M-1000. I wrote a short Arduino (UNO) program for reading the cards via USB. I'll have a video of that later, but for now, here's just running some basic functions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se0F1bLfFKY

Kyle
I saw that. Your video is totally what I was going to record later today. Looks like you beat me to it! ;)

Did you buy this one, or a different one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261708871898

I thought the bidding on that one might go higher. Shipping probably wasn't cheap.

That'd be the one. Shipping was $95 from Florida to Alabama. I was also pleasantly surprised it didn't sell for more. Now I'm on the lookout for a Wright portable card punch so I can demonstrate the whole punched card experience in public.

Unit 1 has been sold.

I still got two left TJ. PM me and we can start arranging. Bear in mind that the cost of shipping to the UK was in the $1100 range for UPS/FedEx and $880 by DHL.

Yikes! I guess I'll have to pass on that, unless I come up with some convoluted scheme...

How much would it cost to ship two units? If there's another willing UK buyer, perhaps it would save money to have 2 shipped to one address, and to then post the other one locally?

To ship both readers on a single pallette to the UK you're looking at around $1900 CAD in shipping form DHL which previously was the cheapest.

Still two units for sale.

International users: I've located a freight service that can ship just about anywhere for under $500.

Back