• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS/FF: Commodore 64 Motherboard

kvanderlaag

Experienced Member
Hi folks!

I have two C64s, and unlike some people, I'm not really interested in having them both take up space. As such, I'm taking the one of them in the worst condition, and re-purposing the case to hold the innards of a laptop with a dead LCD. (Simply because a mini-ITX board wouldn't fit with the keyboard in place.

Since this C64 was in decent -working- order, I very carefully removed all the internals from it, which means I have a perfectly good, spare, working C64 board. I suppose I could also part with the keyboard as well, since it's not like it's going to plug right in or anything, but essentially this means that all I'm keeping is the physical plastic case, which is in less than stellar condition.

Now, I'd much rather give this thing to someone who needs it than A) Let it rot in my basement, or B) throw it away, so is this the sort of thing anyone would want? It's yours for the cost of shipping, and I'll warn you now, I do live in Canada, but it's pretty thin, so reasonably protected, it shouldn't cost too much to ship.

I'd rather see someone's C64 brought back to life than throw this thing in the dumpster (figuratively), so if you want a new board, or even if you just need parts to fix yours...

As a side note, there are a few different options if you want to connect the C64 keyboard to your PC motherboard. Both DIY and commercial solutions, look for Keyrah.

Still available, still free. Still about $20 to ship anywhere in the States. I'm not shy about international shipping, either, but it is NTSC, of course.

If you still got it, i'd be interested..

I have a breadbox 64, that is in mystery condition..

Plus I'm in Calgary, so shipping is free.

Back