• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS Flight 68k EVM, 8086 EVM, ADM3A terminal, DEC VT520, ST506 i/f

woodchips

Experienced Member
Last chance, didn't sell before so if not this time they are off for scrap.

Three Flight, or flite.co.uk, 68000 EVMs with built in floppy controller, video, assembler, debugger etc plus the I/O expansion board with motor, opto etc. All runs from 5V, intended to be inked to a PC for serious software development. £30 each

Two Flight, or flite.co.uk, 8086 EVMs, much simpler than the 68k on, must be used with a terminal program on the PC for software development. £10 each

An ADM3A terminal, this is all TTL, not working. £50

Two VT520 terminals, these worked, bad screen burn, keyboards a bit iffy. £40 each

Five ST412 full height disc drives, did low and high level format two of these, worked fine, presumably others are similar. £20 each

Other ST506 interface disc drives, found an ST 4096, this was my working drive 25 years ago so will have to be formatted to hide all my secrets. A 3.1/2" ST506, some 3.5" 50 pin SCSI drives, is anyone interested in this stuff? Checking the ST506 should be ok unless I sold the disc controller, but never had any luck getting SCSI stuff to work. Have some parallel to SCSI controllers somewhere. What about old SCSI or IDE CD-ROMs proudy claiming 5X write speed or something?

Postage likely to be about £16 mainland UK.

Huh, people on IRC in the UK/Europe complain about lack of supply or high shipping from the US -- why aren't people jumping on this stuff?

I have had stuff in the past from Woodchips. I suspect that folks in the UK have small houses, no space and so are very specific about what they buy. I think the prices are also reasonable, but in no way bargains. Remember the prices are pounds not US$ or € (Euro). I would have liked the ADM3A but I already have a CT64 that needs fixing, I took a Flight68K which I haven't looked at. Still temped by a VT520 , perhaps MoonFerret will pick one up for me....

Just noticed this thread. I might be interested in some of the disks. Where in the UK are these items?

Regards

Rob

MISTAKE MISTAKE

Getting confused with the other type of 68k EVM I had. These ones DO NOT have a floppy interface! They assume you have a PC for the software development, do have a simple editor and assembler for use with a RS232 terminal.

Looks like one 68k has gone, the ADM3A gone, one ST412, not certain on the 8086 EVMs.

is the 68000 a mk i or mk 2? You can tell by looking at the rs232 connectors the mki has 25 pin connectors and the mk2 has the 9 pin type.
If its the 9 pin type, can you save me one?
Also, if you do have the 8086 boards can you save me one of those?
Thanks,
Steve.S

Last chance, didn't sell before so if not this time they are off for scrap.
~
Five ST412 full height disc drives, did low and high level format two of these, worked fine, presumably others are similar. £20 each

Other ST506 interface disc drives, found an ST 4096, this was my working drive 25 years ago so will have to be formatted to hide all my secrets. A 3.1/2" ST506, some 3.5" 50 pin SCSI drives, is anyone interested in this stuff? Checking the ST506 should be ok unless I sold the disc controller, but never had any luck getting SCSI stuff to work. Have some parallel to SCSI controllers somewhere. What about old SCSI or IDE CD-ROMs proudy claiming 5X write speed or something?

Postage likely to be about £16 mainland UK.

I may possibly be interested in some SCSI HDD's and CD-ROM/RW drives. I am looking for some early Barracuda \<2GB drives. Also interested in early SCSI/Prop Caddy CD-ROMS and early SCSI CD-R/W drives. Not interested in anything IDE. Depends what you have.

Out of interest, how much do you get, if you scrap a ST412?

That is the ADM3A, one VT520, both 8086 and all the 68k EVMs taken if not yet posted.

Still the ST506 drives, some 50 pin SCSI drives to go.

Have an Exorterm. This is a large TTL based VDU with space in the back for an Exorciser card cage to make an all in one development system, no card cage though. Can't remember if it works, but being all TTL it is repairable. Anyone interested for £50 plus post? It is large and very heavy so collection really would be best.

Scrapping an ST412 disc drive? Not much, about £4-5 kg for the PCBs, about £0.70 kg for the aluminium casting etc.

Much more valuable than modern SATA or similar drives, PCB doesn't have any gold worth recycling so just the aluminium.

Found a couple of 40MB SCSI drives, one with an Apple sticker, sure there were a few more but elusive at the moment.

Presumably any drive, IDE or SATA, over 1GB is too new to be of any value?

Several half height 5.1/4" floppies, not sure if 360K or 1.2M, need to dig a computer out to test.

Anyone interested in a large collection of old ITT development systems? Have EPROM programmers for 1702/2708/2716/2516, simple debugger with hex heypad. There are several items, duplicates, with manuals but really needs to go as one lot for someone to carefully sort it through. Bought as odd lots in several auctions, must have cost me £200.

Have an Exorterm. This is a large TTL based VDU with space in the back for an Exorciser card cage to make an all in one development system, no card cage though. Can't remember if it works, but being all TTL it is repairable. Anyone interested for £50 plus post? It is large and very heavy so collection really would be best.

I am interested, can you put up a photo or two please ?

Maybe Just maybe I can get it while over in europe and take it home as accompanied baggage ? What size and especially any idea of weight please ?

Mr Chips!I semt you a message regarding payment for the 68k BOARD and application board you have saved for me. I could do cash. Or I think I can set up a payment with my B.S... Let me know whats happening.
:)

Back