• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Macintosh Performa 200

Caleb Hansberry

Veteran Member
I sold this Performa 200 on eBay. It broke in shipping and the buyer doesn't want it anymore. The issues are a piece of plastic broken off the top, which I hope she still has and can be glued back on, and it boots but no longer displays anything. I think it's highly likely it just needs the connectors reseated. Before I sold it I replaced the caps, lubed the FDD, and installed a used SCSI HDD in it with System 7. Anyway I'm angry that it was broken in shipment since I packed it well, but now I just don't want to ship it again.

So here's what I've arranged, I would like someone here to pick it up and fix it and or/make use of it, since before I shipped it it was an absolutely lovely specimen of a Performa 200. It's free to you if you can pick it up where the buyer is located *and* can troubleshoot it and make sure it doesn't go to a landfill. Includes power cord, keyboard, mouse and microphone. The person to contact for location details is mrsphelan - near New York.

Caleb
Yesterday someone else replied to the posted and I PMed mrsphelan. Today the forums are rolled back a bit and her post is missing. You have at least 2 interested parties, at least one in nyc.

I thought someone replied to this, but now I don't see the response. Do you have a more specific location?

Hi,

Yes, I did reply. Weird that the reply is gone. Something supernatural, unearthly, otherworldly, or mysterious I guess.

Bobby

Yes, I have been found! nothing supernatural. I was getting scared for a minute, just joking.

Back