• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic FS: Microsoft MASM 6.10, Boxed

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

glitch

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275345476899

The outer box is a little rough, but everything inside looks good. Starting bid of $1. Will ship via USPS Media Mail, I'll stick MAGNETIC MEDIA -- DO NOT X-RAY stickers on the box.

Forums are making me select shipping, so I'm selecting "In Country Shipping or Local Pickup," but this item ships internationally through the eBay GSP. Yes, I know, boo GSP, but we're basically forced into using it for the seller protection :/

I wish you had let it run, I would have bid more than that.

Biggest issue is putting on labels such as fragile, glass, do not bend, do not xray, etc is that the sort lines are automated and robots only read barcodes. By the time it gets to a local post office where a human is checking it in and loading it for delivery, it's been through a whole bunch of automation. When I shipped film to a lab for processing I used to wrap them in foil to at least reduce the chance of an xray scanner messing with the film but that was at least 15 yrs ago, I haven't used a film camera in forever. Now magnetic fields from motors, solenoids etc are probably a bigger issue when dealing with magnetic media.

FWIW I have bought a lot of old software from ebay over the years and about 95% of the the time the floppies read fine.

FWIW I have bought a lot of old software from ebay over the years and about 95% of the the time the floppies read fine.
Yeah I've never had problems even with ones that were sealed where the seller couldn't/wouldn't check them before sale due to wanting to sell a sealed package.

I had problems with floppies getting zapped in the mail in the mid/late 90s, mailing shareware disks around. I'm told that the post office doesn't use that kind of scanning equipment before, but still put the stickers on :p

Back