• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: RS-232 A/B switches (new)

komputer

I have two A/B switches, both are new and nicely made (thick sheet metal, high quality switches). One has male RS-232 connectors and one has female RS-232 connectors. $10 each or $15 for both.

-- Rich
konecc [at) snet . net

I have two A/B switches, both are new and nicely made (thick sheet metal, high quality switches). One has male RS-232 connectors and one has female RS-232 connectors. $10 each or $15 for both.

9 pin or 25 pin D-sub connectors, Rich? Do the switches switch all lines or just selected signal lines?

Good questions -- I forgot to mention that they're 25-pin D-sub connectors. As far as the line switching, I'll have to check with an ohmeter tomorrow or open up the cases to take a look, will let you know.

I opened the cases, all 25 pins are switched. Very nice looking soldering, not your usual Chinese junk. According the the box the connector pins are gold-plated. Please give me your zip code and I will give you a shipping price.

Thanks Rich, but I've already got a couple of those--including a 4-port (ABCD) switch. Just trying to get some clarity on the devices for others.

The nice thing about these is that they can be used to switch any device whose connection can be expressed in 25 conductors. I've even used one to switch a SCSI drive between systems.

Back