• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Sacrilegious Commodore PET 2001 Aquarium Conversion

Its a damn travesty. But honestly people who use facebook arent known to be smart independdant thinkers.. Yeah i said it.

Last edited:
It’s sad if it’s not stuff like this it’s people who think something is worth a lot more than it’s worth and either extort the uninformed, or leave things up so long they end up trashing a perfectly good computer. I had a Performa 550 up awhile ago and I always got at least one person ask about making it into a fish tank

Well on the bright side its relatively complete. I still see the crt bezel in the photo. Id pay them $40 for it and attempt to reassemble it. But I was just north of there a week or two back and am tired of making trips to New Jersey at this point so I leave it up to someone else.

Why do you guy's always get mad at this stuff
maybe it was shot and they found a use for it
it made them happy that's what counts.
I myself would have at least put a Vic20 in it
but that's because i'm computer minded but
I would still cut hole's in a case to add a mod
to it i'm still of the old mind of if it make's it
more use full to me that's all that matters..

Why do you guy's always get mad at this stuff
maybe it was shot and they found a use for it
it made them happy that's what counts.
I myself would have at least put a Vic20 in it
but that's because i'm computer minded but
I would still cut hole's in a case to add a mod
to it i'm still of the old mind of if it make's it
more use full to me that's all that matters..

At least with Modding its still being used as a computer. Vic-20 in a PET case would be cool but in all honesty you can still find spare PET boards online. An IMAC aquarium was popular and its fine as thier were so many produced. There arent alot of surving PETs and what is out there is pricey. That I think is what is most upsetting.

Back