• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: SunBlade 2000 - $60 obo - moving - must sell!

matthew180

Experienced Member
I really need to find a new home for this SunBlade 2000 computer. Works great, see photos, as questions. I would like to get $60, or make an offer.

I would prefer a local pickup (SoCal, L.A. area), but I'll ship to where ever you want to pay for it. This is a *big* system. Weight is 55 pounds packed, minimum dimensions are 26"x20"x12", my zipcode is 91384.

This is a very impressive computer and makes you wish for the days when it was also considered *fast*. ;) The physical build is absolutely impressive, and the quality is second to none. It has SCSI built-in and a lot of other ports. Here is a link to some specs:

https://shrubbery.net/~heas/sun-feh-2_1/Systems/SunBlade2000/spec.html

There is a Sun keyboard, but no mouse, although any USB mouse works fine. Also included are two CDs (not original media) with Solaris and the Companion disk. The system needs a keyboard, mouse, and network cable plugged in or it will refuse to boot the OS (seems strange, and took me a while to figure that out). Once started, I was surprised to find an old version of FireFox loaded, and a lot of other software I would not have expected. Great fun!

Let's see if all 16 photos attach to the post...

Attachments

• sb01.jpg
    sb01.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1
  • sb02.jpg
    sb02.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1
  • sb03.jpg
    sb03.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sb04.jpg
    sb04.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1
  • sb05.jpg
    sb05.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sb06.jpg
    sb06.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1
  • sb07.jpg
    sb07.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1
  • sb08.jpg
    sb08.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
  • sb09.jpg
    sb09.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sb10.jpg
    sb10.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1
  • sb11.jpg
    sb11.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1
  • sb12.jpg
    sb12.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sb13.jpg
    sb13.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1
  • sb14.jpg
    sb14.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1
  • sb15.jpg
    sb15.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1
  • sb16.jpg
    sb16.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1
Anyone? No offer? I'm really very easy to talk down in price. ;) I would much rather this go to someone here than to try on ebay (shudder).

I just looked on ebay and people are trying to sell these systems for $600 or more!? WTF? Maybe I'll put it up there just to blow the market. But I would still rather unload it here, knowing it is going to a good home.

I will be honest I would love to get that I have always wanted a SPARC workstation, but shipping from CA - NJ I'm sure would be extraordinary. On the east coast I've been finding more Late x86 Suns. There's gotta be at least one person from the west coast who'd want that?

OK, wow. Zero interest jumps to multiple offers. Good problem to have, and I'm replying to PMs and working through the list. As mentioned in my original post, I prefer a local pick-up for this system (it is really big and heavy) so those will have precedence, and if they fall through, I will move on to offers that require shipping.

Thanks!
Matthew

Back