• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: XT-IDE rev 3 Boards, Kits, and Assembled Units

Which files / or information do i need to process my own boards? Because i dont have any skills of making my own pcb designs.

They're all up on the GitHub project I posted in the build thread. The files you will need to submit will depend on the fab you decide to use. If you have never had boards manufactured before, I don't recommend starting with a project that has a non-square shape and special requirements like gold plating.

I thought it would be an easy route to order the bare boards from you.. But it seems it isnt.

Sorry you feel that way. About 45 other peope have successfully orders about 75 boards from me.

Why did you change the color of these boards if previously you where using a nice style green color..

I have never run these boards in green. You're getting me confused with someone else. I chose blue for the same reason I use it on most of my other projects: to me, it provides the best trace contrast. It goes inside a computer case anyway, so I'm not sure why color should matter.

Can you also tell me how much stock you still have of those blue PCB boards? Because maybe you have to pre-order again, so you possible havent enough available to ship them quick.

There's about 25 bare boards left. I'm not sure why you'd think I don't have enough to ship them quickly -- aside from two issues with overseas shipping, everyone's gotten their boards very quickly. I've tried to ship within three days of receiving payment, usually I ship same day or next day.

Would it be possible if you can ask if the community wants a green version of this board. Maybe they want the blue because they know those can already be purchased. And if green is / was possible they know they have to wait much longer or still
no availability when do would have to wait longer.

I asked in the build thread. Changing the color means paying re-tooling costs when I order more boards.

It goes inside a computer case anyway, so I'm not sure why color should matter.
Since Robin4 has not yet replied to my question (of him) as to whether the board's color has any relevance whatsoever regarding the board's performance or any other factor that matters I'm going to take your statement to mean that the answer here is a resounding NO!

Since Robin4 has not yet replied to my question (of him) as to whether the board's color has any relevance whatsoever regarding the board's performance or any other factor that matters I'm going to take your statement to mean that the answer here is a resounding NO!

Heh, of course not :p The only "performance" enhancement is that there *is* a solder mask layer, which of course reduces solder bridging as compared to bare FR4 with no solder mask.

As mentioned, I personally find that the cyan blue solder mask provides the best contrast for copper traces against the FR4.

Sorry but iam not always on this forum. I prefer the green, because its more the original look. I know it cant come close like the old days when technology wasnt that advanced on producing pcb`s.. But green will me more close like those older boards.

They're all up on the GitHub project I posted in the build thread. The files you will need to submit will depend on the fab you decide to use. If you have never had boards manufactured before, I don't recommend starting with a project that has a non-square shape and special requirements like gold plating.

There is a company in my neighborhood where i can inform what is possible or not.. 2 days ago i send them an e-mail, but have to wait for their response and the outcome.
So no iam not going to make these boards my self, perhaps some company in my country can produce them..
If the company i wrote cant produce them, then i will look around further.

Last edited:
Whats the price for shipping 3, 5, 6, or 10 boards? (only the shipping costs)

Whats the price for shipping 3, 5, 6, or 10 boards? (only the shipping costs)

No idea. I have to package orders up, weigh them, and measure the box to determine shipping. International shipping is especially variable. I can't just guess at a number for you on this. Experience shows it will be somewhere in the range of $15 - $35 USD.

I still have no way of determining the shipping without packing boards up for overseas orders.

I still have no way of determining the shipping without packing boards up for overseas orders.
Just for example:

1) A small flat rate box is $33.95.

2) A medium flat rate box is $66.90.

A small box would hold at least 5 or 6 and maybe more and a medium box would accommodate 50+.

I'm quite sure you could send 8-10 of them via First Class Mail for ~ $25.00.

I'm quite sure you could send 8-10 of them via First Class Mail for ~ $25.00.

Yeah, most people have wanted a non-Flat Rate price. Obviously the convenience with Flat Rate is that it gets there sorta quick and you know exactly how much it'll cost. The packets I've sent out via First Class International fell in the range I stated above, so $25 is probably a reasonable guess. I'm just unwilling to make guesses and have people get angry when it's different.

Yeah, most people have wanted a non-Flat Rate price. Obviously the convenience with Flat Rate is that it gets there sorta quick and you know exactly how much it'll cost. The packets I've sent out via First Class International fell in the range I stated above, so $25 is probably a reasonable guess. I'm just unwilling to make guesses and have people get angry when it's different.

Isnt it possible to ask your local postal service what the prices are for overseas shipping.

Dont know if an other postal service `Fedex`, `DHL`, `UPS` is cheaper.

Last edited:
Yes i have seen your post.. But i guess`glitch` isnt sure for which price he want it to ship. But i dont see anywhere that he agreed with it.

I really dont see any benefit if he is going to ship it in a flat box.. Those prices are rediculous.. For such an amount i can ship heavy equipment.

For $25 then is acceptable.. But i ask myself why want to ship in a box if it fits nicely in an envelope with air pillows.

For $25 then is acceptable.. But i ask myself why want to ship in a box if it fits nicely in an envelope with air pillows.

My opinion, which you didn't ask for, is: If you're going to ship electronics boards internationally and you don't want them smashed, pack and ship them accordingly. Bubble-wrap envelopes are not a wise decision.

Interestingly I've never had any damaged PCBs shipped via Jiffy bags. A few go missing of course.

Received here, all fine and safe of course.

With a bit of luck and time I'll finish the assembly today. Btw, the 28C64 has any BIOS flashed or is it empty?

Edit: I answer myself, BIOS is obviously empty :)
Just a minor problem, the kit comes with a pair of 12K resistors when suposedly (by looking the PCB), 10K resistors are needed. Is it intended?.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight ..

8-bit IDE Adapter PCB

The card's cost is $ 8
The cost of all the components is 20 $
Shipping cost to Italy?
To Italy I must also calculate customs charges
All the chips are to be programmed or are already planned?

Total 28 $ + shipping ??

P.S:Robin is right, if the board is green I prefer 1000 times more
If the card is blue on a pc of the 80 it is a punch in the eye!

If the card is blue on a pc of the 80 it is a punch in the eye!
Just buy it, put it together and quit worrying about the freaking color. This is a quality product that works great. Color makes NO difference to the performance. If you want originality in your system then you should be using MFM hard disk and controller!!

Back