• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

FTP's PC/TPC for Dos

Jimmy

Veteran Member
FTP had a product PC/TCP for Dos, used it years ago. Looked on the Web for info about it, but it seems to have disappeared. Did the company sell, go out of business?

Just curious

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy,

What did it exactly do? Was it just a TCP/IP Stack for DOS? Did it come w/ some "internet utils" (email, ping, whois, what not?). Looks interesting.

Last edited:
Thanks Caluser

Kind a walk down memory lane, I had found a few posts from Intel and other on how to installed their drivers with pctcp, but looked for a copy on the net. I guess FTP was purchased or just folded.

Thanks for the info.

Jimmy

This has me a litle curious so maybe i've found some use for my old samsung xt pc heh, now the problems is finding the right NIC for it, does anyone have a list of 16bit isa's that work in 8bit or just know from memmory, i have a few cards, and a big load of 3com 3c509b cards tho i read these don't work in 8bit so i guess i'll have to find another one.
Didn't realyl find anything on here that says what cards work in 8bit so i'm asking ;)

Hey Jimmy, I have this exact card in my expansion unit. Do you by chance have the DOS drivers for this beasty? I need the drivers, and then I'll talk to you about what you have come up with for the TCIP scack. That whole thing confuses me to no end.

We used it to provide a tcp/ip stack. We were a novell shop then.

Intel EtherExpress-16
http://www.intel.com/support/etherexpress/vintage/sb/cs-013511.htm#0

Microsoft support Lan Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;100699

We were just talking about it at work today. Not sure how it orginated, but told the guy I was talking to I bet someone here would have more info about it.

Back them most Netware was IPX.

I need the drivers, and then I'll talk to you about what you have come up with for the TCIP scack. That whole thing confuses me to no end.

Someone must have told you it's complicated. :) Besides getting the driver (a single file) and putting it in your path, there are basically only two things to do.

1. Type the name of the driver (or put the name in the autoexec.bat) along with the vector (use 0x60). The .bat entry (or command) will look something like "drivername 0x60".

2. Put a file with your network info in the directory where your program is, or put it in the environment. You're done! Now you can type the name of a program and it will work just like you do with non-networking programs.

For wattcp programs the info file is called WATTCP. CFG and needs something like this:
Code:
my_ip = 192.168.1.101 (your choice)
netmask = 255.255.255.0
gateway = 192.168.1.1 (router)
nameserver = 8.8.8.8 (your ISP NS is probably better)

For mTCP the file is called TCP.CFG and needs something like this:
Code:
PACKETINT 0x60 (this works, but can be different)
IPADDR 192.168.1.101 (your choice)
NETMASK 255.255.0.0
GATEWAY 192.168.1.1 (your router IP)
NAMESERVER 8.8.8.8 (this works but use your ISP, or both)

Use both files and you can run any WATTCP program as well as any mTCP program. You might need a couple of tweaks to the configs, but there is a good chance that the ones above will work out of the box. :)

Back