• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

#FujiNet #Apple2 bring-up status 2022-01-22

tschak909

Experienced Member
@Jeffpiep has been doing a lot of excellent work to bring the #Apple2 #FujiNet firmware up to speed for block devices. Shown here booting Total Replay v4 from the DigitalOcean cloud! More to come in the coming weeks!

And I have the IIc booting and working now! With massive help from JeffP and Thom. Total Replay streamed across the net from Thom's server somewhere. TR is a perfect test for the FN as there are constant reads as the attraction mode cycles thru all the games. And this isn't some 140k floppy mounted across the network it's a 32Mb hardrive file!

Thanks to VCF for loaning out the IIc to test with.

C64 is coming next.

iic_total_replay_color.jpg

Attachments

• fujinet_logs_apple_boot.jpg
    fujinet_logs_apple_boot.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • fujinet_wired_to_breadboard_small.jpeg
    fujinet_wired_to_breadboard_small.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 5
I just ordered one for the Atari 8bit. I didnt know there was one in the works for the apple II. Very nice. And I am Jealous , I want a Coleco Adam.

I just ordered one for the Atari 8bit. I didnt know there was one in the works for the apple II. Very nice. And I am Jealous , I want a Coleco Adam.
It's early, it will have to be a different board to be able to handle daisy chaining other drives... so there is time to enjoy your Atari FN and maybe by the end of the summer this will be all worked out.

Also @tschak909 sounds like he will do some ProDOS hacking to add networking functionality to BASIC via the FN, which is where the real magic happens (like IRC clients written in BASIC...).

So the Apple II version will only work on systems with the DB19 floppy connector not the Disk II 20 pin connection? Would it work on a II plus with a Disk II 20 pin to DB19 adapter with the Kboohk Soft Sp card (which gives smartport capability to machines without the hardware)?

So the Apple II version will only work on systems with the DB19 floppy connector not the Disk II 20 pin connection? Would it work on a II plus with a Disk II 20 pin to DB19 adapter with the Kboohk Soft Sp card (which gives smartport capability to machines without the hardware)?
It will work with Disk II 20 pin and Kboohk. I'm developing this way using the SSC DIYSP ROM (DIY Kboohk).

It will work with Disk II 20 pin and Kboohk. I'm developing this way using the SSC DIYSP ROM (DIY Kboohk).

It works with SmartPort protocol - the actual physical interface doesn't matter at this point as they are all handwired!

If it's SmartPort signaling over the wire, JeffP's work should be ok and we have things booting on a variety of Apple2 hardware.

Here is my physical interface to the IIc:

IMG_2007.jpeg

Here’s my current setup: Atari FujiNet v1.0, 20 pin ribbon cable into an SIO breakout, extra 20 p IDC for logic analyzer. All this plugged into port 1 of a Disc II controller in slot 6 of Apple II+ with SSC DIY SP ROM v1 in slot 5.

Back