• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Fujitsu TeamPad

cgrape2

Experienced Member
Santa brought me a new PC.It's a borderline Vintage piece from 2002.Near as I can tell it has a Mono Color screen,32MB Ram,designed for Win95 and has a touch screen.The processor is a 5x86\100(as I recall).It lights up and tries to start but there is no OS.As it's an older Tablet PC,there is no USB or even a port for an external Kbrd.If it has a HD,could I load Win95 on a HD and then transplant it and expect it to work?(I've never tried that)Before I crack it open,maybe killing it in the process,I'd like some input on that idea working.
Does anyone have any experience with these?I did Google but there wasn't much.Fujitsu's site was also mute on the subject.
cgrape2

Last edited:
Neat gift! Yes, Win95 will go on it, and there is a seperate package for use with a pen. Did you get the pen??

An install of 95 in a different machine ought to work, as long as you let it redetect all the new hardware (delete the config.sys file??) and get drivers for it. I used to do that on Compaq laptops with no other way to get data on it.

I did get the pen.Is there somewhere to get the PEN drivers?I have an assortment of Driver files for different machines,but none for Fujitsu.I took it apart tonight and discovered that it has a CF Drive Slot.No HD.Well that simplifies things I guess.The RAM is non upgradeable and the Processor is a 486DX4-100.I wonder if Win98 will work well enough with that amount of RAM.(Maybe setup a RAMDisk?)It's been awhile since I've has a DX4-100 to mess with.This could be fun!(Well,assuming I get it back together,that's never a sure thing!)
cgrape2

HP had a few machines with Win95 built in ROM, could this be something like that? Have you powered it up at all?

Not sure where to get the drivers from, if Fujitsu doesn't have it.

Is there a number as well as the name TeamPad?? I can't find anything on it at all. Got a couple of mopdels from the Australian support site, but no TeamPad.

Here is where I am looking:

http://www.fujitsu.com/au/services/technology/pc/support/

To get Win95 (and 98 ) to re-detect all hardware, do this (before you remove the HDD from the installation pc)

1. Boot into DOS (Shift - F5)
2. When at the C:\>, CD to Windows, and ATTRIB -R -S -H system.dat
3. Rename system.dat to system.old (or something) (this is the system registry)
4. ATTRIB -R -S -H C:\system.1st (this is a new,clean, registry)
5. COPY C:\system.1st C:\windows\system.dat
6. ATTRIB +R +S +H C:\windows\system.dat (sets the attributes. Win95 does not like system.dat to not be Hidden System or Read only

Mount the HDD into the Fujitsu, and it should work.

What you also can do is;

Partition a HDD into 2 partitions, format and SYS the C: partition with DOS 6.22, copy the Win95 install source to the D: partition, boot the HDD in the fujitsu and run the installation from the minimal dos you just created on C:

Yes!That's exactly the ticket to get the OS on this thing.All that's left is to make a "Bootable"CF Drive and perhaps it will "Live"again.The model number is PBT7600-37 .I know that a search here will turn up the "Bootable"CF drive info.I remember seeing it.(I think)
Thanks for the tip!
cgrape2

Yes!That's exactly the ticket to get the OS on this thing.All that's left is to make a "Bootable"CF Drive and perhaps it will "Live"again.The model number is PBT7600-37 .I know that a search here will turn up the "Bootable"CF drive info.I remember seeing it.(I think)
Thanks for the tip!
cgrape2

Cool, let us know how it goes. Making a CF bootable can be done with a cheap IDE to CF adapter, and then follow the procedure as you would have done with a regular HDD. Also, HPs USB key tool can make a lot of USB flashdrives bootable, so a CF to USB reader might work too.

I have used the above trick on many different laptops with no CD or floppy drive. The dos trick works with XP as well, but the initial install (The DOS part) takes ages.

I have that adapter as you described.It sounds very doable to me.I think a 2GB drive would be optimum for this thing.Now all I have to do is reassemble it.....
cgrape2

Back