• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Funny eBay (Was: Phunnt PhleaBay

Well, with serial number 0000003, it might be worth a little more than your standard run of the mill KII, but I think his decimal point is still a couple of positions off myself! :D

Curtis

Terry - because the person who bid it up, was not legit.

Look it up now, and you'll see "Not a Registered User"

AHM: you hit it on the head - it's either an asset tag, or an OEM'd box, whereby Tracor sold something with a Kaypro as part of the setup.

So, $25K for a Kaypro II? Sure - gimme my $24,900 in change, though.
a II is $100, in my opinion, but gotta have original docs/softs, and it's in good shape.

Ya can;t even add teh WD1002-HD0 hard dsik controller fer Jiminy's sake!

Tony

The seller has received three offers (of which at least one I recognize the name). Two were declined, one expired. Although the amounts offered are private, one wonders if they were even 1/10th of the BIN.

I was gonna send him a $50 offer.

I actually sent a question, asking what I was "missing", because he was selling a $75 computer for $25,000. I mentioned the Tracor serial number is either OEM, or seothign else, but it's not a Kaypro serial number.

Of course, no reply.

Tony

Somebody has to fix the title of this thread to make it readable. I can't translate the first word. If I can't translate it, other people can't either.

This forum is supposed to be a resource for people interested in maintaining, collecting restoring, etc. vintage machines. If it becomes unreadable, it loses it's value.

Title has a typo - funny in itself - should be "phunny" I would imagine.

We'll have to get Tony and Tyger to "tow the lion" :^)

I don't know, so I'm not going to edit it. The thread starter should ask a moderator to fix it if they can't fix it themselves.

We shouldn't be having discussions like this. People need to spend more than 30 seconds thinking about what they are going to write.

yeah...yeah...yeah...
It was SUPPOSED to be Phunny - spelling isn;t perfect at almost midnight.

Mike - if you would do the honors.... should be Phunny...
Wanna keep it half-normal, then just make it Funny fleaBay...

Tony

yeah...yeah...yeah...
It was SUPPOSED to be Phunny - spelling isn;t perfect at almost midnight.

Mike - if you would do the honors.... should be Phunny...
Wanna keep it half-normal, then just make it Funny fleaBay...

Tony

Yeah, I know...I often transpoze letterz. Phunny iz only one character away from Funny...

--T

Anyway, I suppose if the seller goes "$25,000 or landfill", there is not much to do than regret one more vintage computer ending its life at the city dump. You can plead how much you wish and raise your bid from $75 to $100, but if the seller has decided it will be sold expensively or not at all, that's it. We all see overpriced - but not that grossly overpriced - computer deals almost daily, people who have cleaned out the attic and found the old stuff they will convert into a nice weekend getaway. They refuse to let it go for less than its imagined value tag.

If some sellers, in particular on auction sites like eBay, have sock puppets that put in fake bids to make it look like the value has gone up; bad luck for the potential buyer who doesn't follow the value over a longer period but blindly trusts recent auctions. The rest of us probably can wait until a better priced item shows up. Other sellers who base their reservation price on these inflated auctions will after a while realize their mistake, and it slowly gets back to the buyer's market again.

You know, this reminds me of the time this one seller kept reposting these 800XL's w/ fried mobo's, until I PM'ed him that people would be more interested if he just said "being sold as-is" instead of giving a long description on how he fried them.

Just saw this. THAT IS REDICULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's 10x worse than the apple IIe for $6,100!
GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:!: :!: :!:
It's rare, but not 25k rare.

Last edited:
Back