• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Funny eBay (Was: Phunnt PhleaBay

Yeaaaaaah. There's some SERIOUS crackheads on eBay.

My pet peeve, is some of these jerks post like 50 items in a row, all junk, for like a billion dollars, and it makes it difficult to scan the vintage area, becuase THEIR eBay buddies did the SAME stupidity!

Ya gotta navigate through 50 postings for $25 copies of a 1984 Byte magazine, or a $50 8080 chip, or a $30rubber ZX81 keyboard.....

Arrrgh!

Tony

$500 for an Apple ][ ?
You kidding me? Man! I tossed like 8-10 of these not even 3 years ago!

Dang! I had access to abut 75-100 of them, when the County School Board here unloaded TONS of AII, IIgs, and Compact Macs! Literally, it was about a 30-40,000 sqft warehouse overloaded with Apples, and at least 100-150 more were outside for lack of space!

I tearfully watched hundreds upon hundreds of II's get diced apart...
That 100gal garbage can had motherboards, that one had plastics, that one had drives....that one had chips....that one had cards...

Sad...

Obviously, they also were not taken apart gracefully.
Picture one of those Craftsman Pry Bar 2' long screwdrivers, and you'll be able to figure the rest out.

Can you say Proctologist ][?

Tony

You threw away apple II's???!!!!
EVIL!!!!!
I've actually seen one go for $850, and another one with the original box went for $1,400!!!!
I got mine for $450.:D

'bout 2002-2003. Noone was interested, and I had no space.

Now, in 2000, I watched dozens upon dozens of ]['s get recycled.
About 250 ][+ machines, as well.

Sad, thinking back......

Tony

Yea, I was just joking.:)
Lisa's getting thrown away? Last week I saw one go for $5,000 or some such. That's topping ridicules. Wasn't even that rare of a model!
What's really sad Is back in 1977, people traded in there apple 1's for apple II's, when the II's first came out. The 1's where rendered useless, and destroyed by apple them self's!!! Out of the 56 that went inn, 1 came out.:(
Only 200 where made. This Proves how rare they are today.
I wish I had one.:)

Welcome to the "I wish I had an Apple I" club! :p

I'm devising a plan to get an apple Lisa 2:

Step 1: Buy a car
Step 2: Get a job & obtain paycheck
Step 3: Drive to San Jose & <strike>steal one of Eriks</strike> buy one off of Erik for 2K or something :p

...but seriously, I still can't believe my teacher did that!!!

EDIT: Damn HTML not working...*mumbles about vB*

Yeah....But keep in mind - back then (Lisa timeframe) they were a HUGE flop and a HUGE embarrassment to Apple, not to mention they also had the *cough* apple 3 *cough* flop to contend with!

I can;t really blame 'em for landfillin' them Lisas - out of sight, out of mind!

Of course, nowadays, they're about as rare as a drug-free baseball player.

:eek:

Tony

Yeah....But keep in mind - back then (Lisa timeframe) they were a HUGE flop and a HUGE embarrassment to Apple, not to mention they also had the *cough* apple 3 *cough* flop to contend with!

I can;t really blame 'em for landfillin' them Lisas - out of sight, out of mind!

Of course, nowadays, they're about as rare as a drug-free baseball player.

:eek:

Tony

Here's another example of being 5 minutes too late.

When I was stationed in Hawaii, I went to a computer fleamarket. As I was walking in, a fellow was carting out an Apple III AND a Lisa I.

I walked in and commented on what I saw and how rare both items were. Another vendor there told me, the buyer paid $25 for the Apple III and was FORCED to take the Lisa or no deal!

I swear I nearly broke down and started crying right there on the spot.

sigh....

Kinda like buying a Ferrari for $50 and having to take a Porsche or no deal!

What can't I ever be that lucky? Oh, wait, I was! Bought 3 Sol 20's for $50 with documentation and a SWPTC printer.

Curtis

Here's another example of being 5 minutes too late.

When I was stationed in Hawaii, I went to a computer fleamarket. As I was walking in, a fellow was carting out an Apple III AND a Lisa I.

I walked in and commented on what I saw and how rare both items were. Another vendor there told me, the buyer paid $25 for the Apple III and was FORCED to take the Lisa or no deal!

I swear I nearly broke down and started crying right there on the spot.

sigh....

Kinda like buying a Ferrari for $50 and having to take a Porsche or no deal!

What can't I ever be that lucky? Oh, wait, I was! Bought 3 Sol 20's for $50 with documentation and a SWPTC printer.

Curtis

I feel for you brother. That's messed up.
That's like getting an apple 1 for $20!
I hope It turns out when ever he got home, and opened up the computers, that It was just the shell's of them!:)

If we never threw anything away and collected everything others threw out we would eventualy have things that come in handy and might even be worth something. The problem is where would we keep all the junk.

If we never threw anything away and collected everything others threw out we would eventualy have things that come in handy and might even be worth something. The problem is where would we keep all the junk.

Nah, it doesn't work that way. Junk only becomes useful to us after we've thrown it away. We'd only end up being buried under kipple, as kipple always drives out non-kipple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kipple

--T

Lisa's getting thrown away? Last week I saw one go for $5,000 or some such. That's topping ridicules. Wasn't even that rare of a model!

Although -- original Lisa 1 systems, working, with Twiggy, etc., really DO sell for 10-15K. That is legitimate.

Back