• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FYI: Computer Reset closing for good in April 2022

vwestlife

Veteran Member
Update regarding the Computer Reset warehouse near Dallas, Texas. The building is going on the market and the liquidation sale will be ending around April 2022.

Glad they were able to properly clean up and sell it for the most part. I wish I could have made it out there in the beginning before it became a clusterf%$k. I doubt we will see something of this magnitude again.

Is the stuff shown in that video recent? If so, that is still a lot of "stuff" even if it is not the really cool stuff.

Sure there is plenty of stuff, but not stuff most people are going to drive or fly in from out of state for.

It's a shame that the only apparent way to communicate with them is to have a bloody Facebook account. I'd love to actually make the trek down there before they close.
Yep, I refuse to use FB for anything. So that limits me to not hearing much about this. I live near Houston so it would be probably a 5 hour trip. I could
do it but it would have to be worth it for me. Not knowing what's left leaves me likely to just stay home.

If that's what they still have, that is alot, and really they've been at it more than 2 years. If they want to really liquidate, they should post public hours, or a phone number to schedule an appointment, and even list the inventory they want to get rid of quickly. I've never bothered since there was no information that I can plan a drive around, and I'm not going to sign up for facebook and register and hope a date comes around, and probably alot of people that know what to do with this stuff are not on facebook either.

Thats very true, if they wanted to really move this stuff they would have posted hours and deal with the public not facebook. ITs just the stupidest "bussiness" model to use.

Business model? This was a liquidation sale right from the start. They are out of business for a very long time already.

Two years of organizing, utilizing personnel, sales, Taxes, etc. etc... That doesnt sound like a business to you? You are dilusional.

Man wish i was that way... I seen a few things I love to have. Anyone headed that way willing to ship?

I wish I could have visited, but the pandemic put a stop to that. I would loved to grab a few bits.

There was a video posted on youtube a couple of weeks ago. The amount of stuff is just too large for anyone to go through it. It looks like a really large warehouse with no logistics whatsoever.

I don't have a Facebook, used my girlfriends account to join us into the group. Don't know why but they rejected our request for some reason. We were gearing up for the 12 hour drive to get in on the experience. Guess it's a gold members club now.

Thats awful, and exactly what I am talking about. Such childish nonsense.
facebunk caters to the LESSER demographic.

I would have liked to check this out too. But requiring a FB account is not gonna happen. There are a few other devices I have that have FB support. Not
gonna happen there either. So I'll miss out on likely a few things. But I bet the best things are long gone. What a stupid way to handle this.

They should just hire an estate sale company to come in and sell everything.

I'm still not gonna touch that place with a ten foot pole. It's like a bug light on the porch and everyone who got close has been zapped.
It's really really unfortunate to see such a large hoard (I'm calling it that because it was beyond a collection or a business's inventory) go to waste but the amount of drama and red tape behind it has been too hot to handle, if not frustrating to others who I know did invest time, money and travel into visiting with an empty van, only to come back with a couple of boxes. It's simply too big for any one group to successfully manage a liquidation (of products, many of which are too overvalued) and COVID helped keep everyone else away.

I second the estate sale. It's the last chance for anyone who wants anything and if nobody wants it, we'll all see it.

Last edited:
Back