• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Gateway Handbook 286

hexsane

Experienced Member
I dug this out and was able to get it powered up by connecting a floppy drive power connecter to the voltage lines in a broken battery pack (the one that takes standard batteries). To my surprise it works (low battery light flashes).

In case someone has one out there sans the battery pack you could rig something directly to the contacts on the handbook.

Got lucky with this one. 2MB RAM expansion and 40MB HD with the external floppy. With the serial port looks like it will make a good terminal or something (still trying to figure out what to do with it). I suffer from the "wow that looks neat" pack rat syndrome. :)

Anyone else have one of these? Maybe a dead rechargeable battery pack that I might be able to re-cell?

I have one with the battery pack (mine is also dead). I was lucky enough to find mine at a yard sale several years ago and it included the power brick, leather case, floppy drive, and and external modem. I can send a picture of the battery pack and the part number if you want.

I have one with the battery pack (mine is also dead). I was lucky enough to find mine at a yard sale several years ago and it included the power brick, leather case, floppy drive, and and external modem. I can send a picture of the battery pack and the part number if you want.

If you could just post that here for the benefit of others. My guess is there will be someone who will want to find that info in the future. :)

I have one of the adapters - don't remember now if it's the par or ser, but I can look when I get home. Anyone in need?

T
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I’m in search of parts for a newly acquired 286 Handbook. I’m missing battery pack and AC adapter, any suggestions or direction is much appreciated if you have any insights to share!

Back