• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

get old mobos in st. louis!

Mike Chambers

Veteran Member
if anybody is interested in getting CHEAP vintage computers in st. louis, check out gateway electronics! it's just off page avenue... take 270 and get off going east on page, and its like 1.5 to 2 miles down the road.

it's all unassembled motherboards pretty much... but great vintage stuff there! 8088's, 8086's, 286's, etc, etc, etc... i think some old mac boards too.

i'm headin' up there tomorrow :D

they close at 5:30 on week days so i'm a little late tonight.

What do you mean by unassembled, are they missing chips or something or do you mean pulled from a computer case? If they have Mac stuff I wonder if there is a IIfx motherboard (68K Mac) in the pile.

What do you mean by unassembled, are they missing chips or something or do you mean pulled from a computer case? If they have Mac stuff I wonder if there is a IIfx motherboard (68K Mac) in the pile.

i just mean pulled from a case, i never notice any missing parts on any. i'm about to head up there right now actually to pick up an 8088 or 8086 for a little project i want to work on. i'll look for a IIfx board also, and let you know if i find anything. i promise i'll not buy it if there is one. :)

i'm not overly interested in apple products myself.

Well I am in Ohio so its not like I will drive up there to snag one, was just curious if they had it and what it would cost.

Well I am in Ohio so its not like I will drive up there to snag one, was just curious if they had it and what it would cost.

oh.. well, all of their boards are $3 with no exceptions. i didn't get a chance to actually go yesterday but i was about to head out now. i'll let you know. if you are looking for one and they have it... let me know and i'll pick it up and ship it to you for the $3 + whatever shipping costs.

A spare 386/486 EISA motherboard (AT form factor) along with a Mac II, IIx, IIfx motherboard would be interesting.

For $3 its worth a chance they don't work.

A spare 386/486 EISA motherboard (AT form factor) along with a Mac II, IIx, IIfx motherboard would be interesting.

For $3 its worth a chance they don't work.

they don't have any mac boards. i went there. they DO have a FLAWLESS and complete apple IIgs though for $15. :)

everything but the monitor, but it has a television output

didn't see any EISA boards though, sorry

Interesting. I remember going out there several years back, and they didn't have anything of that sort. It sounds pretty good now though, too bad I'm not in the area anymore.

Back