• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Getting drives shipped back from Sark

Caleb Hansberry

Veteran Member
Arranged to trade Sark my Apple HD20 for his labor on repairing my Apple FDDs. I shipped both to him, but that was many months ago, maybe April? He has said many times he would return them soon but hasn't yet. I do trust it'll work out eventually, but wanted to make a topic as a public time marker in case he continues to not have enough time for more months.

Perhaps instead of posting something like this on a public forum, you should've talked to him directly.

I've known Sark/RetroHacker_ for years, in real life -- we were practically neighbors when I lived in NY. If he's slow on getting something done for you, it's likely because he's busy with real life work and/or you sent him stuff to work on with a "when I have time for it" schedule. This may be unfamiliar to you, but many of us have technical day jobs that can, at times, leave almost no time for hobby work. If you're not paying a fellow hobbyist to get something done for you, don't expect it to be done quickly!

I did talk to him directly, and I'm still on communication with him.

I did pay him for his work, I gave him an Apple Hard Disk 20 for the original Macintosh, my understanding is it has a fair amount of value.

I totally understand that he's busy, and I'm still patient. But he reports that he is ready to ship them, and it should be less than an hour to do that, so I hope it gets done within a few weeks, a very long timeframe for that especially considering he's been saying the same thing for maybe a month. I do understand that he's busy, I am too.

I did pay him for his work, I gave him an Apple Hard Disk 20 for the original Macintosh, my understanding is it has a fair amount of value.

As I understand it, the HD20 was known-dead. Takes away from the value, somewhat.

Regardless, your deal is between the two of you, you've stated that you still think he'll deliver on his end...what was the need to call him out in public?

I think that at this point the discussion should stop here until an update/resolution is available to share.

He did ship the drives and I received them today, which is good. I have logs for anyone who thinks I jumped the gun; the transaction started on Mar 08. Anyway thanks Sark!

Back