• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Getting Prodigy back online

Bill-kun

Veteran Member
Does anyone know where I can download image files of the Prodigy installation disks? My own ones from years ago seem to have some unrecoverable read errors on them. WinWorldPC doesn't look like it has them. It doesn't look like Benj's site does either.

original.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	original.png Views:	0 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	1229145

I’ve got a couple of unused prodigy client media kits, but the project specifically says only installations that have actually been used to connect to the system are useful because they need the cache files.

I’ve got a couple of unused prodigy client media kits, but the project specifically says only installations that have actually been used to connect to the system are useful because they need the cache files.

I think there's actually someone out there trying to redo the backend of Prodigy.

Hi there - just came across this. I am working on recreating the backend.

There is a second blog post with more detail on the backend progress here.

I can furnish most versions of the client software to anyone interested, and I’m happy to chat more about the project.

—Phil

I just ran across this upload to YouTube by VWestlife. It's a 46-minute 1995 VHS tape showing how to sign on to Prodigy, and use it's features. Thought Prodigy enthusiasts would like to know.

Does anyone know where I can download image files of the Prodigy installation disks? My own ones from years ago seem to have some unrecoverable read errors on them. WinWorldPC doesn't look like it has them. It doesn't look like Benj's site does either.

View attachment 1229145
Occam's Razor is more accurately phrased as: If you have several possible hypothesis, the one with the fewest assumptions is preferable. It's not about complexity per se.

Back