• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Good news... and bad!

leeb

Veteran Member
Yesterday I was able to make a couple of gains...

I was able to connect the 2024 to ME by USB and altho I couldnt do anything with it, I WAS able to:

1) Force a drive letter which allowed me to 'talk' to it...
2) attempt scandisk and format... tho they failed there WAS activity with would not normally happen if it were unuseable...
3) ... and get it to BLINK!!! (sounds like a small thing, but :p:p:p)

Also, I found why the CMOS seemed to not work... there are jumper locations that showed the same voltage as the CMOS battery, and a couple that didnt... Trial & error found the arrangement that kept the error(s) from occurring even tho it had been off for more than an hour!

The bad news...

The floppy drive(s) I ordered came... and NEITHER of them can be 1) used outright, 2) cannibalized for heads, or 3) completely cannibalized... :(:(

So...
I ordered another one of the same basic model (EME-2X3XX),at almost 5x the cost, that I HOPE I can simply use outright... Knew about it but had already ordered the others... SO...

Unfortunately it means that I cannot attempt HSECT unless the 44-2-40pin adapters show up SOON!
(I am fairly certain that the 2024 does not have anything on it... tho I cannot confirm that until the adapters show up. Either way, it is unlikely that there is salvageable software on it... Bummer.)

I came CLOSE to ordering a newer machine (K6/2)... but I want to see this thru... even if it becomes a 'tad expensive'...:bomb:

1) A way to xfer to/from the 4p without having to shutdown XP all the time. That has been the driving force behind it... but the previous ownership was the cause of the selection.

... and the fun of tinkering! :D

Back