• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Goodwill trip

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Had some business in Flint today, so we stopped by the thrift store. Nothing much to report, found a new toy robot and another Billy Bass to add to the collection. The Billy is a little different from the others, has on a Sanity Clause hat and sings Jingle Bells, et. al. The real score of the day, a spankin' new pair of Nike Shocks for six bucks (woohoo!). I know they are neither vintage nor computer, but they were designed by or with the assistance of a computer, so that's close enough for me!

Rick Ethridge;bt511 said:
I found a really nice 5" portable tube-type television for my C=64 at a goodwill session.

All the smoke recently came out of my (very small) B&W set that I kept for the T/S 1000, but the vintage color set (much heavier, 'specially with 10 D cells installed) that I use for everything else still works fine. Only complaint I have with that one is that it has no direct vid inputs, just crappy looking RF. :( I also have a much newer LCD color box with video that is a lot nicer and runs on 4 C cells, but still, it just ain't the same.

Back