• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Got an IBM Model M keyboard? Want to make it work on both AT and PS/2 machines?

Hi. Just read your post from August 2010 about IBM model M keyboard connectors. I am looking for PS/2 style; do you still have them? If so, I would like to purchase two.

Thanks for any response,

Mike WB4JQY

Those look a lot better than the originals. Thanks Stone!

I can even get the wife to agree if I do need the cable though. That's cheap enough. As of right now though, I'm going to break out the Ohm meter again and check my original cable. If I have ONE line that's even close to "iffy" in this thing, I'm buying a replacement, or maybe two. One for use with my primary computer, and other for those times I want something a little more familiar for my 5150. I may still even get another Model M any way to use as a backup, or with the 5150. I might even add on to my Christmas wish list. Hah!

My current one is sitting on the dining room table, hopefully drying out. So in order to be able to use my primary computer, I had to pull it's keyboard, this KB8923. Eventually, I suppose, I'll eventually do a writeup on this keyboard for my blog. It's really not a bad board. For a rubber dome to last as long as this one says something about the construction. And the feel of this thing is so much better than most. No wonder people think this is one of those"clicky" keyboards. It almost does feel clicky. In fact, that's how I got this one to begin with. The guy who gave it to me thought it was a "clicky" until I removed one of the keys to show him that there was no spring under the keys. The funny part is that he really should have known better.

Any way stone. Thanks for the link. I'll post a reply as soon as I know for sure what I'm doing.

I've got several (of each) NOS, IBM Model M coiled keyboard cables for both the AT(SDL) style connector and the PS/2 style connector. If you've already got the keyboard with a removeable cable you can get the other type cable and have the best keyboard ever made for both type machines.

$5.00 per cable plus shipping which is $6.00 for 2-3 day Priority Mail w/Tracking #. This shipping price is good for one, two or three cables.

I may actually take you up on your offer for a replacement for the PS2 coiled cable. I won't be moving mine around much, if at all. Part of my reasons for leaving things where they are is because once I get used to something, I tend to be stuck. I don't do change well... LOL! Anyway. Let me get my keyboard repaired before I start spending money on cables I don't have any use for.

I've got several (of each) NOS, IBM Model M coiled keyboard cables for both the AT(SDL) style connector and the PS/2 style connector. If you've already got the keyboard with a removeable cable you can get the other type cable and have the best keyboard ever made for both type machines.

$5.00 per cable plus shipping which is $6.00 for 2-3 day Priority Mail w/Tracking #. This shipping price is good for one, two or three cables.

Back