• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Got some NOS Kaypro keyboards!

Mr.Amiga500

Experienced Member
I just got a couple Kaypro replacement keyboards - new, never used, made in 1984 - to replace my old, worn keyboards.

It sure is nice to be typing on New old keyboards from 1984. :cool:

Read more here.

Last edited:
Interesting. I know one of the Kaypros I recently acquired has a not quite built keyboard which I found odd. (it had the parts for the keyboard plug in a plastic bag still). Of course out of the 4 or so kaypros I have I think 0 worked last time I checked.

I just got a couple Kaypro replacement keyboards - new, never used, made in 1984 - to replace my old, worn keyboards.

Isn't that a wonderful feeling! Which model are those for? They're all black-keyed, so that would mean possibly anything after the II/82... but, they do look different from what I've seen in recent memory, so I have to wonder.

out of the 4 or so kaypros I have I think 0 worked last time I checked.

They Kaypros themselves, or the keyboards specifically? IIRC, they were all keytronics foam-n-foil setups, so if it's the keyboards, have fun with that! If the machines themselves are giving you grief, maybe I could help, perhaps grab one next time I'm headed down your way...

Yeah it's the units. I figured out of the batch there would be 1 broken but when I tried them pretty much all were DOA with likely various different issues but I hadn't had time to pop them all open.

Isn't that a wonderful feeling! Which model are those for? They're all black-keyed, so that would mean possibly anything after the II/82... but, they do look different from what I've seen in recent memory, so I have to wonder.

There's more detail at the link I have in the first post. They're made in 1984 by Maxi-Switch. I thought they were third party replacements, but they came with Kaypro registration cards so they must be "official" replacements. My original Kaypro keyboards were made by SMK. I've seen one Kaypro II with a Key Tronic foam & foil keyboard. Computer makers usually had multiple keyboard suppliers.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back