• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Great deal on DSDD 5.25" diskettes

chuckcmagee

Veteran Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250398776407

Standard blurb - No, not my listing. No, I don't make even $0.01 on any sales. Etc.

I have been buying diskettes from this person. Even I have to admit that 100 diskettes is more than enough.

So, instead of me buying more stuff I don't need, you buy them instead! I have a well packed outer box, with 10 boxes of these sitting right here. The usual great Athana diskettes. Must have purchased thousands of them or something. Anyway, even the BIN price of $44.95 + UPS Ground is a excellent deal! That's what I did. Why wait a week for an extra $5? I sure didn't. Plus some weirdo can come by and bid higher than the buy it now price, groan.

Note that all the boxes have a federal stock number on the outside. As the seller is listed as a military surplus store, he probably bought a huge lot of them from the DRMO at Mechanicsburg. . .I'll have to have my brother check to see when their next DRMO sale is, as he works there. Interesting things show up at those sales if you have the ability to immediately cart everything you buy home and if you have space to put large lots of stuff in while you sort it out.

I paid about $75 for 44 boxes of that Athana media from an eBay seller, and that included UPS ground shipping!
$44 for 100 disks (10 boxes) is WAAAAY too much!

If you look around, and ask the sellers, you can probably find a similar deal.

T

I bought 30 of those disks for $3, and I could have bought 100 for $7, I think I might still be able to.

So I think $44 for 100 is a bit much.

Edit: It was $3 per 10, and 100 for $20, still better than the ebay price I think.

Last edited:
Gah, you guys! Well, it was the best deal that I could find in a long time. Of course, I buy a bunch, then don't bother for 2 years.

I paid $10-20 shipped for 500 new green colored 5.25" 360k disks (duplication grade, no sleeves or tabs) years ago on ebay and I am still using them. Snagged 500 tyvek sleeves from another guy for barely more then shipping. Deals can be found. Ask around if any of the old disk duplicators have any old stock laying around after they switched to CDs.

Back