• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings from Maryland

fsword007

When I grew up, I am interested in computers and programming through high schools. I first learned about BASIC programming on Apple II computers at my school and got my first TI-99/4A home computer. I studied BASIC and TMS9900 assembly language programming with my TI-99/4A computer myself.

I attended my university and received a degree in computer science. I studied Pascal, FORTRAN, Ada and VAX assembly language for programming. I took some courses about algorithms, data structure, file processing, computer language organizations, operating systems and computer graphics. I had Internet and BITNET access while I was undergraduate student.

In early 2000, I discovered DECsystem10 architecture manuals (scanned in PDF file) and downloaded it. I studied and wrote my first PDP-10 emulator to load and run TOPS-10 operating system and it was successful! I am now working on my other emulators like printers (Epson MX80, etc) and big mainframe like IBM 360, VAX, PDP-11 and DECsystem10, etc.

Tim

Hi, welcome! I work on emulators as well, when I have time. I have some on github for the VT05 and VT52 terminals, and also the SEL810 minicomputer. On and off I toy with the idea of writing a PDP-11/20 emulator but if I do it would emulate it at a much lower level (more like a Verilog simulation than your typical emulator).

Welcome, fsword007! I'm also a Marylander.

When COVID is past, we will return to doing periodic in-person workshops, in Maryland. Please consider joining us for those.

- Alex

Hi - also in Maryland -- would be interested in hearing more about the "in-person workshops"? Thx.

I’m a fellow Marylander as well! I went to the repair workshop and swap meet last year. Is there anything on the calendar for this year at system source?

Back