• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings

Me too. A chiclet 2001 was the first ever computer I saw and used. 1977 and I had just started secondary school and the moment of having the concept of the 'string' variable explained to me is still fresh in my memory. That white on black screen scrolling a program was just magical.

Hello and welcome. The chiclet PET was also the first computer I put my hands on. But I did not have an opportunity to get a Commodore and it took several more years before I bought my first PC, a Tandy 1400FD with MS-DOS 3.3.

Seaken

Me too. A chiclet 2001 was the first ever computer I saw and used. 1977 and I had just started secondary school and the moment of having the concept of the 'string' variable explained to me is still fresh in my memory. That white on black screen scrolling a program was just magical.
While I understand not being able to do the things we can do now without newer computers, I just don't see them as magical as they was when they was "new"

Hello and welcome. The chiclet PET was also the first computer I put my hands on. But I did not have an opportunity to get a Commodore and it took several more years before I bought my first PC, a Tandy 1400FD with MS-DOS 3.3.

Seaken
Yea, my first "PC" was a Wal-Mart special, a Tandy 1000 "PC" (I still cannot find any information on it). I did own a CoCo for a while before then.

Back