• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings

Old Computers

Veteran Member
Hello, after browsing the forum for a while I have decided to join. I have no specialties when it comes to collecting vintage computers; my collection consists of some early to mid 80's systems and a PDP-11/44 along with a few artifacts such as disks and books. The main thing that I like about vintage computers is that they have character; each one is different. Programming them and restoring them are also at the top of my list because I have learned a lot about how they work, and why they work.

I'm really glad to be here, and thanks to the administrators for establishing such a great resource for the vintage computing community.

Welcome and glad you decided to join. Great group of folks. So you have your PDP in running condition?

Welcome to the forums! Each vintage machine has something special to it, wheather it is of it's looks, characteristics, awry design, or the sound of it when it is running. That's what makes collecting and enjoying vintage computers so fun and interesting. What interesting things will people turn up next...

Thanks. I agree with you. I wish that todays computers had personality like the old ones do.

Welcome, and good luck with your 11/44. That was one of my favorites in the PDP-11 line!

Well, today's computers have personality,too. It's just that when you describe it, words like 'vapid','insipid'.'uninspired','boring', etc. come to mind.
patscc

Thanks Doug G. I am really looking forward to having it running.

Patscc, that's a good point. :)

Back