• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GRiD 1550SX motherboard and other internal parts up for grabs

SimonT

Hi there, just dropping out of lurk mode to see if there's any interest in some GRiD parts I'm looking to get rid of.

Basically, I purchased a broken GRiD 1550SX a while back, which had been deemed unserviceable. Gutted it and retrofitted the case with an LCD screen and Raspberry Pi (yes I know, "heresy").

Well, I still have the original motherboard, rear plug assembly, hard drive and various cables and internal parts which are just gathering dust, but didn't want to sling them out.

So, if there's anyone here interested in these I'm willing to let them go for the price of postage and packing.

If not, then I'll be getting rid of them, but thought I'd ask here first.

*Edit - in case you're wondering what happened to the case and the rest of the computer, here's a little video I made...

Hi there, just dropping out of lurk mode to see if there's any interest in some GRiD parts I'm looking to get rid of.

Basically, I purchased a broken GRiD 1550SX a while back, which had been deemed unserviceable. Gutted it and retrofitted the case with an LCD screen and Raspberry Pi (yes I know, "heresy").

Well, I still have the original motherboard, rear plug assembly, hard drive and various cables and internal parts which are just gathering dust, but didn't want to sling them out.

So, if there's anyone here interested in these I'm willing to let them go for the price of postage and packing.

*Edit - in case you're wondering what happened to the case and the rest of the computer, here's a little video I made...
Awesome job on the rebuild.

@SimonT Try this , i converted it from my 1139 file , it will run in dos or dos box

Attachments

• MENUX86.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
OK, finally managed to offload these to a chap on Ebay for the price of postage. Hope he's able to make use of them.

Still available? I would like to be able to restore my 1550sx.

-Thom

Alas, no. Sent it off to another GRiD user some time ago, who wished to use the parts for spares to try and restore his machine.

Back