• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GRID Gridlite 1044 XL

I used to own a Gridlite Plus (80c86 CPU, 20MB HD internal, floppy external); it used a 14.4v NiCd pack and the PSU was 16vdc 3A, shell negative, inner contact positive.

Don't know if this is like yours--maybe it's close.

Gridlite

Gridlite

Here's some pics. It does say Gridlite plus on the panel.
The small circuit board on the ROM board is the modem.
Lots of sockets for ROM-boards, but don't have any :(
Will see if the suggested voltage/polarity pans out & post back.
It doesn't have a floppy, so Chuck(G)'s ID is probably right.
Chuck(G), look familiar ?

Now, does anyone have a floppy for it ?

patscc

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

Looks a lot like the old one I had. That little insert just above the keys can be flipped over if you want to write your own hints for the F-keys.

Not a bad keyboard on it, either. The modem in mine was 2400 bps made by Hayes.

Under the clamshell on one side of the keyboard, mine had 2 sockets for 256K SIPP DRAM.

Do you have a GridDOS boot disk for it? (special version of MS-DOS with additions to the MODE command, etc.).

Boots !

Boots !

Well, it boots, the HD seems to be working, the backlight appears to be out, however. It's the old 'blue' kind, so hopefully it's just something on the inverter board for it.
patscc

I don't know the model but it looks much like the !5xx models, including a magnesium case.
That means it came out before Tandy took Grid over. It likely used the Grid-DOS operating system. It's also likely equvalent to the Grid Compass but without the Bubble memory. A medial Grid product generally referred to as a Grid-case. The tip-off is the size of the external FDD connector in the GridCase, which is larger than than an ordinary PP socket, but is smaller than a SCSI socket. I have a massive 5.25 Grid fdd, which I had always assumed was a SCSI fdd untill searchng on the GRID-site, as well as the forum, brought this to my knowledge

Lawrence

Back