• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Happy birthday compgeke!

Thanks all! Today I managed to get 4 servers with a clean install of Server 2003 (their shipping OS) so they can go bye bye, I got a box of candy canes and I got $20 so that brings me to $30 so I can get the Dell Axim x50 PDA cradle so I can have a PDA with Wireless and that can hold both a CD and SD card for my music, my current Axim X30 can't hold a CF card and the X5 doesn't have wireless.

I'm also going to go gut the Pentium 200 computer and build a 386 in place of it since I have 3 Pentium's built already and OS/2 2.1 won't install on my 486 for some reason :/.

Hmm...the 386 hates me (hangs on different post codes using my code reader), however I got a 486 SX-33 board running, the processor in it when I got it, but it's running at 50 MHz with Turbo disabled...lets find out what it's jumpered for :D. Seeing as it's 50 MHz in non-turbo it makes me wonder if it's jumpered for a DX4-100.

The motherboard happens to be a Addtech Research 4GLX3, I now know that since the BIOS clearly states that. I sure wish these old motherboard manufacturers would've taken more consideration into at least marking the company\board model, if not the jumper at the same time instead of forcing us to search through Tularc for a match if we can't get it to boot or if there is no model listed anywhere :/.

Yup, it was jumpered for a DX4-100. It was missing the jumper to say whether the CMOS should run normally or clear and it's jumpered for 256 KB cache with no cache installed, however there is no jumper for "no cache" so I guess that leaves me with a problem, unless I can find some chips I can salvage off an old motherboard or something.

Edit: Well, nope, it was jumpered for an SX-33, this is just one ****ed up board when it comes to jumpering, and for some reason the BIOS reported the CPU was running at 50 MHz when it was actually jumpered for 33 MHz...

Well, lets go test to see if it reports the DX-33 correctly since that is what I just added and re-jumpered for.

Last edited:
Back