• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Have IBM PC 5150 w monitor and printer

SAMac

Is there any interest in this computer in the collectible world? I believe it's the first PC ever. In excellent condition.
Thank you.

I'm sure there would be, Especially if it's a very early model, You'l need to post plenty of "Good clear" photo's an asking price and your location. And as much info as you can, Does it work / what's included etc. Use the for sale or trade section if you do.

You have come to the right place. This forum is full of people who like IBM 5150 and similar machines. And in general there seems to be quite a bit of demand for the the 5150 PC, and other genuine IBM models.

Just be aware that the IBM monitor shells are fragile as eggs and must be packed with extra care when shipping.

Incidentally, yes, the 5150 is the first IBM PC and what common "modern" PCs descended from, although not the first general personal computer.

Thank you both for your input. I will take pictures and get more details tomorrow. Also bring it over to the sale or trade section once I figure out how to do that. These forums haven't been the easiest to navigate so far, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Thx!

Back