• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Have you ever seen a DEC VT-100 keyboard like this?

Mr.Amiga500

Experienced Member
My new DEC VT-100 keyboard doesn't have the traditional all dark brown colour scheme or the multi-coloured DECmate or VT-52 colour scheme.
attachment.php

Has anybody seen this colour scheme before?

Awww ... is fantastic .. is years I am trying to find somewhere a working VT-100 but I can only dream ..

That KB looks SO neat and nice !

I always wanted a working VT-100 too, but I'll have to be happy with just the keyboard. At the time I bought this keyboard, another seller was selling two VT-100 terminals in great shape for $41 each! Sadly, the seller only shipped using UPS and it would have been over $300 shipping to Canada. (and that's for one, not both... and doesn't include "brokerage fees")

This is from a Citoh CIT-101, a VT100 clone.
I think I still have one of those.

Are you saying my keyboard is from a Citoh? On the bottom are two labels with Digital logos on them, so I'm pretty sure it's not a Citoh.

Either way, I'd like to find a picture of another one of these keyboards to confirm. I've never seen a picture of this keyboard anywhere - not in old computer magazines or on the internet.

I used to use one just like that at a Rope Factory -- I think it was connected to a VT-103 at the time, but don't quote me on that.

Well its looks an awfull lot like this : http://williambader.com/museum/cit101/cit101.html
Will see if I still have my Citoh and take some pictures too.

I followed that link, but don't see a keyboard that has coloured keys like mine. It's the coloured keys I'm talking about. Digital VT-100 series keyboards either have all brown keys or the DECmate colours:

VT-100
kb-vt100.JPG

DECmate
2373177377_e196269d6c.jpg

I know that replaceable coloured keycaps were sold for the VT-100 keyboard, but even those (at least the ones I know of) didn't have the colour scheme mine has.

Old thread, and I'm sure nobody cares... but, a few years ago I finally discovered what I had - a DEC Datasystem 150. It's basically a standard DEC VT100 with nice coloured keycaps and a computer with dual floppies for word processing.

attachment.php

I don't have the PDT-11/150 box, but I do have the terminal. (I've got two of these keyboards)

attachment.php

(excuse the crap photo - it's pretty dark here right now)

Old thread, and I'm sure nobody cares... but, a few years ago I finally discovered what I had - a DEC Datasystem 150. It's basically a standard DEC VT100 with nice coloured keycaps and a computer with dual floppies for word processing.

I got a similar keyboard with a DEC Robin (VT180). It is an optional Word Processing System specific keyboard that has the same functionality as a DEC VT100 keyboard but has special legends for Word Processing functionality.

Yours has the color scheme of the keyboard above? Edit: Never mind. I am guessing the big picture is of your keyboard. Nice colour scheme.

1200px-DEC_VT180_WPS_-_keyboard.JPG

Last edited:
Hi snuci!

I suppose this thread is confusing now that the picture I posted at the beginning of this thread has disappeared. Yes, mine is the one posted above.

You appear to have the same keyboard used on the DECmate I - but I don't think I've seen those weird keyboard guides (or whatever they're called) on that keyboard before.

It's strange that I happen to have the only 2 DEC Datasystem 150 keyboards I've ever seen on the internet - aside from that 1980 ad I posted.

(It's even darker this morning, but an F 1.8 lens should be good enough...)

Here's a closer shot of the keyboard:

attachment.php

Back