• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest Heathkit H19, $250

Covers: Oregon and Washington

dryates

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Hello,

I'm moving soon, looking to sell this terminal to a good home.
I'm near Salem, OR. Can coordinate pickup/delivery in the Willamette Valley, and can negotiate meeting up near SF Bay Area or Boise.
Would also be happy to negotiate a price including shipping in the US.

Terminal works well, clean, and interior is in great condition.
All keys seem to work, and the screen renders characters both in offline mode and when acting as a terminal to a modern Linux computer.
Has cardboard help icons, no clue if those are original or made by a previous owner.
It has little bit of coil whine as the CRT powers on, but nothing outside of the norm. See photos for condition.
I got it from a friend of a friend in 2019 when it was found in the back of a supply closet. I got it working over agetty and played around with it, but it ended up sitting in the garage untouched ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.JPEG
    IMG_0454.JPEG
    660.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0452.JPEG
    IMG_0452.JPEG
    551.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0450.JPEG
    IMG_0450.JPEG
    579.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0453.JPEG
    IMG_0453.JPEG
    517.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0456.JPEG
    IMG_0456.JPEG
    791.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0457.JPEG
    IMG_0457.JPEG
    724.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0459.JPEG
    IMG_0459.JPEG
    706.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0461.JPEG
    IMG_0461.JPEG
    448.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0460.JPEG
    IMG_0460.JPEG
    731.6 KB · Views: 28
Wow, that is a nice clean machine. I'm about an hour south of you, and recently obsessed with everything H8 and related. I'm not sure I can justify the space for yet-another-CRT-monitor. If nobody else takes it, I'm going to have to put some serious thought into it.

Take it Scott. I've been thinking about PMing him, but I already have two.......

They are really nice terminals. (edit: I was thinking of the DT-1 there when complaining about imperfect vt-52 emulation)

Think of it this way: You'll have the correct terminal for your eventual H11, once you finish your H8 and move on to the next Heathkit computer project. ;D

Last edited:
I'm very tempted, but 1) I don't even have a place to set it. Every surface in my home office that can be occupied by vintage computer gear already is, and 2) I recently told my wife that we have to start watching expenses.

If only someone else will just jump in and buy it and relieve me of the need to decide and rationalize. :)

Uuuuuugh, I want it so badly. It's so clean and straight. You have to keep me from buying it........ I already have 7 serial terminals, and two H19s.... I mustn't.....

Look at it this way: It's just the right size to hang out on top of your H8. Make a little shelf thing... It'd be really nice! And it's not taking up space if you're building upwards, right?

You'll never find one as nice for $250......

Okay, sending @dryates a PM. If it's still available, and if we can come up with a mutual time and place to meet, I'll take it.

Can't turn down a good heathkit.

Back