• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Indiana

imoldnow

Hello everyone.

I was introduced to computers in the late 80s at school with the Apple II and have been hooked ever since. Oddly I missed Commodore and Atari days and only had exposure to Apple and IBM compatibles in the 80's and 90's. I am currently on a quest to recreate all of the many computers I have owned over the last 30 years. My first home computer was a generic 386 SX-33 with a 20MB HDD, that is what I really cut my teeth on using DOS and Windows 3. It was the family computer and there were boundaries on what I could do with it, looking back that was for the best. My first computer, that was truly mine, was an IBM PS/1 486 DX2-50 which I ran until it quit working in 1999 using DOS and Windows 3.11.

I have custom built many computers since the late 90's, most of the computers and parts I had I didn't see the value in keeping and disposed of them. One of my regrets in life is not hanging onto that stuff. I was pretty hardcore about 3dfx video cards and purchased several new, all gone.

I spent some time in the IT field between 99 and 02, got MCSE NT4 and 2K certified, and hated it. Computers and networks were crap and end users were worse. I got into telecommunications through some contacts in the IT world and have been there ever since.

I am here to refresh my memory on some older machines. As of this post I have socket 3 motherboard with little to no documentation that I am looking to refurbish and use.

Anyway, enough rambling, I hope to frequent the site and add to the discussion.

Back